Associate Specialist in Learning Disability Psychiatry
Associate Specialist in Learning Disability Psychiatry - South
Somerset Salary: £ 54,764 - £ 90,147
Due to internal progression, Somerset Partnership and Foundation trust is recruiting for an Associate Specialist in Community General Adult Psychiatry to join the trust in a new WTE position based in Yeovil.
The post is based in Holly Court, Summerlands Hospital Site in Yeovil as part of the South Somerset Community Mental Health Team.
Life in Somerset offers an outstanding quality of life, with easy access to the moorland and coast, a thriving arts and entertainment scene and excellent transport links to the nearby cities of Bristol and Exeter. Somerset has some of the region’s most reasonably priced housing, and is well serviced by a range of high achieving state and private schools.
- Provide assessments and give advice on the treatment of people with Learning Disabilities who are referred with problems involving their mental health, behaviour that challenges or Dementia.
- Liaise with other members of the multidisciplinary team in assessment and treatment of complex cases including; risk assessment and management of patients with a forensic history.
- Collaborative work with other services and agencies including the Local Authority (social care) and the voluntary sector.
- Participate in the local arrangements for care and supervision with consultant colleagues, including case based discussion.
- Special interests can be developed through discussion and agreement in job plan review meetings.