Consultant Respiratory Physician
TAUNTON AND SOMERSET NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
MUSGROVE PARK HOSPITAL
Consultant Respiratory Physicians
Applications are invited for an enthusiastic colleague to join our six other Respiratory Physicians. We provide a comprehensive range of in and outpatient respiratory services from excellent facilities within the Somerset Lung Centre. This new post will support existing services and be encouraged to help develop services according to sub-specialist interests. Clinical research is actively encouraged and supported in the department as are teaching and training.
The Respiratory services provided by Musgrove Park Hospital are organised from excellent facilities within the Somerset Lung Centre and cover five key strands of work:
- Outpatient services are delivered via clinics in The Somerset Lung Centre and the surrounding community hospitals;
- In-patient services are delivered primarily on Coleridge, Portman Wards and the Acute Medical Unit (AMU) at MPH;
- COPD assessment and early discharge service (THREADS) is offered at MPH;
- Comprehensive diagnostic and support services are offered for the full range of lung and breathing disorders via the Lung Laboratory, sleep laboratory and bronchoscopy unit;
- Teaching, audit and research form the final area of activity, for which the Department has a National reputation.
- The post is for a full-time contract (10 PAs) however part time roles or flexible working can be made available for the right candidate.
- To provide, to a high standard, the full range of specialist diagnosis, treatment and care to patients requiring respiratory and acute medical services both as in and outpatients, as outlined in the proposed programme.
- To organise, manage and be responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of patients in Musgrove Park Hospital
- To be responsible for fulfilling the duties and responsibilities and undertaking the Programmed Activities set out in your Job Plan, as reviewed from time to time.
- To participate in an on-call rota to provide emergency cover and to provide enhanced medical / respiratory support to the hospital.
You will be joining the Respiratory Department in a hospital that is the highest GMC scored Trust in the South West for training. Musgrove Park Hospital is an award winning, progressive and ambitious Foundation Hospital, the largest in Somerset providing acute and community services to over 340,000 people, with an outstanding reputation for the provision of a comprehensive range of medical, surgical and specialist services. Joining the 4000 strong team at Musgrove will offer you a stimulating and professional working environment in which to develop, challenge and further your career.
You will get to experience life in the West Country, and to take advantage of easy access to some of the UK’s most desirable locations. From the beaches of North Devon, Dorset and Cornwall, to the cosmopolitan centres of Bristol, Bath and Exeter. Taunton itself offers you all the perks of life in the country while still being less than two hours from London. With great educational opportunities, an abundance of open country side, cultural festivals, local traditions, and throw in a cost of living that will see you afford a higher quality of life, we cannot think of anywhere better to be.
The Trust provides acute treatment and care for a catchment population of around 350,000 people in Taunton and the surrounding towns and villages of West Somerset. Our values; Outstanding Care, Working Together, Listening and Leading, represent our aspiration for the type of hospital we want to be and you can join our dedicated and talented staff to make this happen.