Seeking a GP for 12 month FTC on a Sub Tropical Island!
We require an experienced GP to join the team on St Helena ASAP for a minimum term of 12 months.
We can only consider candidates who will commit to this minimum term and there may be the opportunity to extend for a further 6–12 months should you wish.
You will be working with the other doctors, the nursing team and allied health professionals on the island, you will specifically focus on the development and delivery of a robust and effective primary care service. You will run out-patient clinics covering a wide range of clinical needs, including care for patients with diabetes, hypertension, cardio-pulmonary disease which are highly prevalent on the island.
You will be actively involved in preventive care and lifestyles management and serve as the clinical champion for preventive service development.
With support from overseas specialists and using local therapeutic guidelines and protocols, you will also be expected to consult paediatrics, ENT, ophthalmology patients.
You will be required to take care of in-patients as well as being first on-call approximately every fourth night supporting the nursing staff in the triage and attendance of urgent care and emergencies. There will be second on-call cover from specialist colleagues in anaesthetics, orthopaedics, general surgery and obstetrics/gynaecology and emergency medicine.
Essential Requirements for the role
- Fully qualified general practitioner with evidence of completion of training**
- Must be on the UK General Medical Council GP register or Specialist Register for Internal Medicine or equivalent registration authority in country of practice***
- Special interest in chronic disease management (Long Term Conditions) and/or Public Health Medicine
- Fluent in English (oral and written communication); none native English speaker may be asked to provide evidence of proficiency in English language e.g. IELTS
** Candidates must be otherwise be able to practice and licensed in country of recruitment with evidence of good standing
*** Candidates within 6 months of CCT (Certificate of Completion of Training will be considered based on experience)
Desirable Requirements for the role
- Postgraduate clinical experience in general medicine in any specialty
- Overseas experience other than home country (especially in a remote location)
- Recent ATLS, APLS certification or equivalent
- Previous service development experience and/or service management
- Basic salary of £85,000
- International supplement of between £16,800 and £23,000
- Relocation Allowance
- Return flights for you and your family
To find out more, or to apply, contact Jo Hood on +44 (0)131 240 5266 or email email@example.com