Peter Mac is Australia's only public hospital solely dedicated to cancer is seeking a dynamic Fractional Specialist with subspecialty training in Pain Medicine. Outstanding candidates are encouraged to apply for positions now open at Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre - a place where our normal days are extraordinary; as are the people we care for.
Peter Mac is one of a handful of integrated cancer research, education and treatment centres in the world. Each day our team strives to provide the very best in cancer care, even better treatments and potential cancer cures for all people affected by cancer.
Globally, we are facing one of the most pivotal times in the pursuit of cancer cures, and Peter Mac stands at its forefront. Together we aim to lead a new era of cancer prevention, care and discovery, supported by state-of-the-art facilities at our new home within the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre precinct.
Your role in our future
Peter Mac is currently seeking a Fractional Specialist (0.6 EFT, 42 hours per fortnight) with sub-speciality training in Pain Medicine to provide day-to day clinical management of patients under the care and direction of the Directorate of Anaesthesia, Perioperative and Pain Medicine to ensure a high quality of patient care.
The successful candidate will provide exceptional service in acute pain and chronic pain. Experience in interventional pain will be desirable. In addition, the successful candidate will be able to undertake administrative, teaching and research duties that will contribute to effective running of the unit.
Peter Mac can offer you
- A challenging, stimulating environment in the full range of perioperative services, including anaesthesia and pain management for major oncological surgery, and palliative services.
- Potential to be a member of the anaesthetic and perioperative medicine team.
- Contribute to the education program and guiding trainees preparing for FANZCA and FFPMANZCA examinations.
- Opportunities for involvement in clinical research program.
- Support for your professional development.
What you can offer Peter Mac
- A motivation to utilise all the opportunities offered by Peter Mac.
- Enthusiasm to participate in the clinical and academic activities of the Department.
Enquiries to: Dr Tim Hucker, Clinical Lead Pain Service, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Locked Bag 1, A’Beckett Street, Melbourne VIC 8006, phone: (03) 8559 5000 or email: Tim.Hucker@petermac.org
Peter Mac offers its employees the following benefits:
- Salary Packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Central City Location
- Training and Development Program