Resident Medical Officers
5 days left
- Full Time
Resident Medical Officers are sought for positions in internal medicine and surgery with a major healthcare provider company in Malta.
Rotations through areas of internal medicine and surgery will provide exposure for the RMO to both inpatient and outpatient care for patients with conditions requiring sub-specialty medical and surgical care respectively. There will be possible exposure in internal Medicine, Cardiology, Immunology, Neurology, Gastroenterology, Geriatrics, Infectious Diseases, Oncology, Haematology, Respiratory and Endocrinology; and in surgery, Burns/Plastics, Ophthalmology, Urology, Neurosurgery, Colorectal surgery, ENT, Breast Endocrine, upper gastrointestinal, orthopaedics, thoracic and vascular surgery.
The RMO works under the direction of the Medical Consultant and is administratively responsible to the Principal Medical Officer.
The RMO is expected to:
- Attend to all ward rounds
- Follow up patient investigations
- Ensure the discharge summaries, medication charts and fluid orders are completed
- Assess patients if their condition deteriorates and/or the caring nurses are concerned
- Attend to all outpatients’ medical needs
The RMO is responsible for:
- Initially assessing the patient
- Ensuring communication with the senior medical staff and other members of the team
- Providing care to the patient
- Co-ordinating and facilitating diagnosis, management and discharge planning of the patient including medical evacuations
- Communicating assessments to the appropriate consultant
- Instituting immediate treatment as appropriate
- Setting up in process the diagnosis and management of the patient’s condition, including requesting necessary radiology and pathology tests, prescribing appropriate medications and arranging operative treatment or referral for consultation, where required
- Communicating with the patient about his/her condition and management or with the immediate family if the patient is unconscious or otherwise unable to comprehend
- Accurately recording history and examination, management plan, investigations and action taken in the patients’ medical record
- Medical Degree from WHO approved medical school
- Eligible for registration with Medical Council of Malta
- Salary: from €37336 (plus Sunday and Public Holiday hours which are paid at double rate) to €41600 (plus Sunday and Public Holidays which are paid at double rate.
To apply, please click the apply button.
Apply for Resident Medical Officers
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly