Consultant Psychiatrist in Eating Disorders (under 18)
Children's, Family and Young Persons (CFYP) Norfolk & Waveney Eating Disorders Service
Our Eating Disorders Service are looking for a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to join our award winning Children and Young People’s (CFYP) Service. Your role would be to provide clinical care to ED patients in Central and West Norfolk with clinical lead responsibility for across under 18 eating disorder service. We are looking for you to provide Clinical leadership to the Eating Disorder Services across Norfolk and Waveney in order to deliver high quality care to patients who suffer from Eating Disorders and have very complex needs.
What makes us different? We have benefitted from the Local Transformation Plan (LTP) monies in 2015 and expanded the service, being proud to meet the national access and waiting time standards. The service has good links with the local Acute Hospitals providers across Norfolk and Waveney and has established links around transition with Adult Eating Disorder Services and other secondary mental health services within NSFT. The ED team maintains involvement in the development and training of relevant staff in Eating Disorder Clinical Pathways and the effective implementation of Junior MARSIPAN guidelines as a framework to structure involvement of Acute Paediatric services. You would be instrumental in the ongoing development of an Eating Disorders Pathway between our local CAMHS Inpatient Facility (Dragonfly Unit) which is rated “outstanding” by CQC.
If you choose to join us as our ED Consultant we can offer:
- Up to £12k relocation expenses
- £20k recruitment premium (£10k paid on appointment and £10k paid after satisfactory 6 months probation)
- Access to £600 per annum professional development budget
- Dedicated SPA time of up to 25% of working hours
- Paid study leave (on application and approval) in addition to CPD
- Potential of extra PA for DCC with requisite pay per PA
- Ability to apply for Clinical Excellence Awards
- Inclusion on the Consultant on-call rota for the higher level with 3%, 5% or 8% requisite pay depending on frequency
- NHS benefits package including contributory pension, redundancy. Including paid annual leave, sick leave and maternity leave.
- Appraisals and revalidation completed by the Trust
The Norfolk & Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust’s unique CFYP service aspires to address the issues raised by the children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing task force. Over the past 12 months CFYP has seen the expansion and growth in existing and new services such as Perinatal Community Mental Health and we were recently awarded £3 million to develop the Mother and Baby Unit (opening January 2019) , one of three in the country commissioned by NHS England.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Dr Nishi Puri (Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist & Lead Clinical) on 01603 272800 or Nishi.firstname.lastname@example.org
Neil Robertson (Operational Manager, Child Families and Young Persons) on 07827820007 or Neil.email@example.com
Interviews will be held on Friday 12th April 2019 (Subject to change).
Alternatively to apply, please click the apply button.