Emergency Medicine Registrar
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you're part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
- Busy department (>91,000 patients per year!)
- Varied clinical presentations
- Excellent training, support and supervision
- Positions commence from June 2018
The Role: Where you fit it
- At least three years of post-graduate experience (including some ED)
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Eligibility for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council's website at www.mcnz.org.nz
- ACEM (Australasian College for Emergency Medicine) trainees with appropriate experience
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What's important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Tracey Sutherland
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
You will need to submit:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter, clearly stating your preferred role, and
- Contact details for three referees.
- If you have an international medical qualification or are applying for a new scope of practice not previously assessed by MCNZ, then you will also need to create an Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (EPIC) account here: https://www.ecfmgepic.org/. See here for EPIC information: http://bit.ly/2jrOIrE.
To apply, please click the apply button.
Closing date: Wednesday, 20 March 2019