Laboratoire national de santé
(Luxembourg public institution)
is recruiting a
Clinical Cytogeneticist (MD or PhD) (m/f),
Responsible for the service Hemato-Oncogenetics
Full time (40h/week), permanent contract
Starting at the earliest convenience.
This position provides an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated clinical cytogeneticist with experience in hematologic malignant diseases to join the National Center of Genetics (NCG) at the Luxembourg National Health Laboratory “Laboratoire national de santé” (LNS).
About the LNS
The Luxembourg National Health Laboratory, “Laboratoire national de santé” (LNS) is a rapidly growing public institution with over 300 staff, operating as a multidisciplinary institute. It encompasses six scientific departments related to the fields of morphological and molecular pathology, genetics, clinical biochemistry, microbiology, forensic medicine and health protection (www.lns.lu).
The LNS has new premises with modern, state of the art infrastructure to respond to the requirements and most recent developments in medical and analytical sciences. The aim of the LNS is to develop analytical and scientific expertise related to the prevention, diagnosis and monitoring of human diseases; to fulfil the role of a national control and reference laboratory and to provide medico-legal services.
The LNS also engages in research and teaching activities in collaboration with partners in Luxembourg including the Hospitals, the University of Luxembourg and the Luxembourg Institute of Health.
The National Center of Genetics (NCG) at the LNS
The Department of genetics at the LNS has recently become the National Center of Genetics (NCG) and is responsible for all aspects of human genetic related health care of Luxembourg. In order to meet the challenges ahead, we are looking for committed employees with a high level of expertise and innovative ideas. We are equipped with a state-of-the-art laboratory, including an Agilent Array-CGH platform and an Illumina next-generation sequencing platform. The Unit for Hemato-Oncogenetics performs cytogenetic analysis, fluorescence in situ hybridization analysis, array-CGH and molecular genetic analyses for hematologic malignant diseases. The Unit works closely together with the Unit for constitutional Cytogenetics and the Sequencing Platform within the department, with the National Center of Pathology (NCP) at the LNS and with hospitals and private hematologists/oncologists in Luxembourg.
- Lead of the team and daily activities of Hemato-Oncogenetics service
- Prepare test results - review, write, interpret and sign out molecular/cytogentics/FISH reports for hematologic malignant diseases on daily basis
- Provide consultation to clients regarding test use and test interpretation
- Develop and implement new tests, in particular promote the technological transfer to next-generation-sequencing
- Quality control and quality assurance
- Strengthen the scientific image of the laboratory by actively engaging in multidisciplinary staffs, working-groups, collaborative studies, research projects, publications, oral presentations, meetings and conferences
- Required: Ph.D. or M.D. or M.D./PhD in appropriate scientific field and board-certification as Clinical Geneticist, or Clinical Cytogeneticist, or Clinical Laboratory Geneticist or equivalent certification/licence
- Minimum two years of experience in a clinical cytogenetics lab (fellowship experience included)
- Experience in oncology settings, in particular with hematological malignancies, desirable
- Competency in chromosome analysis and FISH analyses
- Experience in genomic microarray/copy number variation interpretation and/or experience in next-generation-sequencing/data interpretation would be a plus
- strong clinical and academic background appropriate to the level of training and experience
- Excellent communication, organizational, and management skills
- Knowledge of ISO 15189 norms and accreditation
- Fluent in at least one language amongst: French, German, or English.
- Successful candidates will be offered a highly competitive salary, depending on qualification and experience, plus an annual premium
- Luxembourg is an area of outstanding natural beauty, a superb infrastructure and healthcare facilities. It offers a high quality of life and gives access to a large range of excellent schools
For more information on the position, please contact:
Dr. med. Barbara Klink, Facharzt für Humangenetik, Head of Department.
Mobile phone: +352 621 858 004
If you meet the above profile requirements and wish to apply, please send your application (CV, letter of intent and copies of your degrees) via the application apply button below :
The applications will be treated with the highest degree of confidentiality.