Laboratoire national de santé (LNS)
(Luxembourg public institution)
is recruiting a
Clinical Geneticist (m/f) at the National Center of Genetics (NCG)
Full time (40h/week), permanent contract
Starting at the earliest convenience
This position provides an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated clinical geneticist with a broad base training in all areas of clinical genetics and a particular interest in working in a clinical genetics service to join the National Center of Genetics at the Luxembourg National Health Laboratory, “Laboratoire national de santé”(LNS).
About the LNS
The Luxembourg National Health Laboratory, “Laboratoire national de santé” (LNS) is a rapidly growing public institution with over 300 staff, operating as a multidisciplinary institute. It encompasses six scientific departments related to the fields of morphological and molecular pathology, genetics, clinical biochemistry, microbiology, forensic medicine and health protection (www.lns.lu).
The LNS has new premises with modern, state of the art infrastructure to respond to the requirements and most recent developments in medical and analytical sciences. The aim of the LNS is to develop analytical and scientific expertise related to the prevention, diagnosis and monitoring of human diseases; to fulfil the role of a national control and reference laboratory and to provide medico-legal services.
The LNS also engages in research and teaching activities in collaboration with partners in Luxembourg including the Hospitals, the University of Luxembourg and the Luxembourg Institute of Health.
The National Center of Genetics (NCG)
The Department of genetics at the LNS has recently become the National Center of Genetics (NCG) and is responsible for all aspects of human genetic related health care of Luxembourg. In order to meet the challenges ahead, we are looking for committed employees with a high level of expertise and innovative ideas. We are equipped with a state-of-the-art laboratory, including an Illumina platform for next-generation sequencing. We offer the unique possibility to be involved in Luxembourg’s national strategy to develop clinical genetics, to expand clinical and diagnostic activity, to promote research activity including to take part in national and international networks and programs such as “Plan national maladies rares 2018-2022”.
- Contributing significantly to the strategic development of the National Center for Genetics
- Undertake and supervise genetic counselling within the clinical genetics service (general genetics and rare diseases)
- Deliver high quality clinical and laboratory genetics services as part of a multidisciplinary team with the opportunity to develop a special interest to complement the department’s existing services
- Contributing to evaluation and interpretation of molecular genetic analyses and perform medical validation of genetic reports/findings (in particular multi-gene panels and clinical exomes)
- Contributing to training of resident physicians, biologists, scientists and genetic counselors
- Interact with clinical partners in Luxembourg, establishing a focus on clinical liaison with the main hospitals in Luxembourg and participate in multidisciplinary boards and meetings
- Involvement in clinical and/or laboratory research as well as academic teaching in close collaboration with research institutions and hospitals in Luxembourg
- Actively participate in the “Plan national maladies rares” (PNMR) and other national and international networks
- Possibility to access a leadership role in the service
- Clinical Geneticist (m/f), Medical doctor, specialised in Clinical/Medical Genetics with appropriate certification in an EU member state, or equivalent qualification
- Broad Experience in clinical genetics, interest in pediatric and/or adult genetics welcome
- Experience in molecular genetic diagnostics, in particular in the interpretation of clinical exomes welcome
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of reliability
- Attaching great importance to the daily service provided to doctors and patients
- Leadership skills, commitment, teamwork and excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of ISO 15189 norm and accreditation
- Able to coach and motivate employees
- Fluent (written and spoken) in either French or German and good knowledge in English
- Successful candidates will be offered a highly competitive salary, depending on qualification and experience, plus an annual premium
- Luxembourg is an area of outstanding natural beauty, a superb infrastructure and healthcare facilities. It offers a high quality of life and gives access to a large range of excellent schools
For more information on the position, please contact:
Dr. med. Barbara Klink, Facharzt für Humangenetik, Head of Department.
Mobile phone: +352 621 858 004
If you meet the above profile requirements and wish to apply, please send your application (CV, letter of intent and copies of your degrees) via the application apply button below :
You must be eligible to obtain a licence to practise as a Medical doctor (autorisation d’excercer de médecin) in Luxembourg. (http://www.sante.public.lu/fr/formulaires/professions/autorisation-exercer-profession-sante/index.html)
The applications will be treated with the highest degree of confidentiality.