Ship Doctors required
Carnival UK is the operating company for P&O Cruises and Cunard, providing unforgettable holiday happiness and operates a winning culture to achieve standout success. As a market leader in the cruise industry we operate spectacular ships all over the world.
We have opportunities for Doctors to join us on board to work in a challenging and exciting environment, developing professionally by receiving an extensive CPD programme. As a Ship Doctor you will be expanding your knowledge whilst travelling the world!
The successful applicant will be faced with a varied caseload on a daily basis and the experiences gained will be hard to come by in any other medical environment. From minor illnesses to major trauma your day will be one of unusual scenarios – you should not expect it all to be the stereotypical sea sickness and sunburn.
You will provide and maintain a safe and efficient operation within the Medical Centre for all routine and emergency care for both our passengers and crew. In-patient care on board encompasses the management of a wide variety of clinical problems including cardiac disease (thrombolysis and cardiac monitoring), trauma/orthopaedic problems and acute medical emergencies.
To be considered you do not need previous cruise ship experience but you will need:
- To be a fully qualified doctor with current registration with the United Kingdom GMC or a current medical registration in the following countries: Australia, European Union Countries, Canada, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Singapore or South Africa
- 2 Years Post FY1 required (FY2, plus two years as a SHO)
- Minimum of six months recent experience within A&E and within a Critical Care Environment
- Competent experience in airway management - intubation and conscious sedation
- Competent in management of common cardiac cases and the ability to lead a cardiac arrest team
- Able to reduce common fractures / dislocations
- ALS/ ACLS
- Proven proficiency in a wide range of clinical skills, including care and assessment of acutely ill patients and management of minor injuries and medical conditions
- The ability to work independently and as an effective member of a small team
- Be ambitious, passionate and dedicated to delivering a quality service to our valued passengers and crew
- Comply with all CUK safeguarding policies and procedures when carrying out duties
- Ensure clear and professional boundaries are kept when forming appropriate and professional relationships with children being cared for by the medical team
In return we are offering an excellent career opportunity, a choice of working patterns to suit your work/life balance, fantastic benefits, training opportunities to ensure you build upon your existing skills, and above all a unique opportunity to experience a job unlike any you have done before.
Carnival UK is a designated body for GMC revalidation.
To apply and for further information please visit either:
We pride ourselves on having worked with the NSPCC on the safeguarding aspects of our recruitment process to promote the safety and well-being of child passengers. Carnival UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers and contractors to share this commitment. This post is subject to the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.