Consultant in Infectious Diseases and General Internal Medicine
We are looking for a Consultant in Infectious Diseases and General (Internal) Medicine to join our professorial unit of 10 Infection specialists who collectively deliver the Infection Services at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals (BSUH) NHS Trust. The department serves as the regional hub for Infectious Diseases for Kent, Surrey and Sussex. The post will operate across both the Royal Sussex County Hospital (RSCH) site in Brighton and the Princess Royal Hospital (PRH) site in Haywards Heath. As a teaching hospital with close links to the Academic Department of Global Health and Infection at Brighton and Sussex Medical School and Brighton and Sussex Universities we would expect the successful candidate to contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate clinical training, across Foundation, Core medicine and especially within our joint Higher Speciality Training programme in Infectious Diseases-Medical Microbiology.
You will be an enthusiastic and dynamic individual with accreditation in both ID and GiM (or be within 6 months of accreditation) and with interests and expertise in:
- Delivery of an integrated Infection service comprising: Infection Consults, ongoing inpatient care of patients with infections, Rapid Access and routine outpatient ID services and dedicated infection input to tertiary Renal and Haematology/Oncology services.
- Expansion and development of in-reach infection services at The Princess Royal Hospital (PRH) including Rapid Access ID clinics (RAID), ICU consults, ward consults and establishment of dedicated ID inpatient beds.
- Ongoing development of a BSUH Travel Clinic service.
- Expansion of existing out-patient antibiotic therapy delivery and governance
- Expansion of the programme for antibiotic stewardship ward rounds at RSCH and PRH.
- General Internal Medicine with an emphasis on continuity of care and a commitment to an integrated approach to diagnostic problem-solving.The post attracts 10 PAs (8 PA DCC and 2 SPA).This new post has arisen as part of an exciting strategic initiative within the Division of Medicine to expand consultant numbers in Respiratory Medicine, Endocrinology, Acute Medicine, Elderly Care and Infectious Diseases. It is part of our ambitious programme to reconfigure services in line with leading national and international care delivery models. GiM forms a central component of most of these posts, consistent with our overarching vision of a robust and resilient GiM service capable of engaging seamless speciality input.
Why join BSUH?If you choose to work at Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust, you can be in the coolest part of the country; you can be by the sea, walk in the countryside and enjoy the vast array of restaurants and bars that abound in this bohemian city.Next stepsIn addition to supplying us with your referee details for the last 3 years please also provide us with the contact details of your Responsible Officer for Appraisal and Revalidation.In the interest of equal opportunities, we want to make sure that information about candidates is provided in the same format so all applicants should fill in the standard application form on the NHS Jobs website and attach their CV.Please be aware that candidates will be informed by email of the outcome of their application.
When completing the application form please ensure you complete the section relating to your CCT date. If you have already have your CCT please confirm when you will be on the GMC Specialist Register. Please be aware you only have 12 months from your CCT to join the specialist registrar otherwise you will have to go through the CESR Route
The Trust is going through an exciting period of change with a a £500M+ hospital redevelopment programme (phase 1 due for completion in 2020) including a £30M+ investment across both Emergency Departments within the Trust for completion in 2019. The new build will incorporate a state-of-the art Infection Ward, with full isolation facilities (including negative pressure rooms) and an integrated outpatient unit.
For further information or to arrange a visit to the Department, please contact:
Dr Dan Agranoff, Clinical Lead for infectious Diseases Tel. 01273 696955. firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date - 28 February 2019 at 12pm
To apply for this post please click the apply button.