Critical Care Doctors
Critical Care Medicine in Australia’s Capital City
Join our team in 2019:
We are looking for UK medical graduates, FY2+ or Clinical Fellows who are looking for a sea change. Come to Canberra on an 18 month contract and we’ll help you immigrate. It’ll be the working holiday you’ve dreamt of and
a chance to further your medical experience in a busy public hospital in the bush capital of Australia.
- Full time positions are available (40 hrs/wk) for Resident Medical Officers and Registrars (post-FY2) based out of the Emergency Department.
- Full time positions are available for Clinical Fellows, who are offered an attractive tailored program.
- We are a well-resourced, modern general medical/surgical/O&G hospital seeing approximately 60,000 patients per year through the ED, including paediatrics.
- No rostered overtime with flexible rostering to maximise time off to achieve work/life balance.
- You will be well supported by a fully staffed, pro-active consultant group including UK-trained consultants who will provide educational and clinical supervision, supporting the transition to the Australian system.
- Paid and protected weekly teaching sessions and the option to up-skill in ED ultrasound.
- Opt in to rotations to ICU and Acute Medicine or just stay in the ED.
- Generous remuneration package, including salary packaging, study leave provisions and up to $4,000 AUD relocation allowance.
- We have accredited training positions within the hospital in Emergency Medicine and other specialities
- The hospital is an easy bus or bike ride from the CBD.
- Canberra is within a 2 hour drive of both the coast and ski-fields.
- As the Nation’s Capital, we have a vast array of cafes, restaurants, galleries, museums, world-class sporting facilities and festivals.
- We have a modern international airport making quick getaways easy.
How to apply
For more information about us, please contact +61 (2) 6201 6423 or email via the apply button to get in touch with our team.
Click here for our position descriptions. All we need is a cover letter with information about yourself and your current resume.
Want to have a chat with one of our former RMOs? We can arrange for you to contact Dr Matt Clarke (Emergency Medicine Registrar, Brighton ED).
“Moving to Canberra was the best decision I ever made! Calvary ED is a great department, they really make you feel part of the family from day one, with excellent learning and development opportunities, supportive
consultants, and a vibrant city to explore on days off."
Dr Matt Clarke