Obstetrics and Gynaecology RMO Doctor
The Portland Hospital
- Competitive salary dependent upon skills, qualification and experience
- 24 hour shift per week
- Permanent contract
We are actively recruiting for two trained Obs and Gynae Registrar level doctors to join our highly skilled medical team on the labour ward and gynaecology unit at our private patient Portland Hospital in Central London.
Summary of duties:
- Work in close liaison with the nursing team and multi-disciplinary team to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered
- Start an Em LSCS and instrumentals unsupervised if the consultant is not onsite
- Participate in the primary medical care of patients admitted to ward, undertake certain medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
- Provide medical cover, on instructions given by the consultants regarding patient management.
- Undertake daily walk rounds
- Update all patient records
- Review all in patients on at least a daily basis with additional reviews according to clinical need
- Complete drug charts and liaise with the nurse in charge regarding any potential problems
- Clerking of admissions and liaising with the supervising or admitting consultant
- Take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
For this role you will require:
- Full registration with the GMC
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology specialist training experience to ST5 and above
- Ability to start an Em LSCS and instrumentals unsupervised if the consultant is not onsite.
About The Portland Hospital
The Portland Hospital is the only private hospital in the UK dedicated to the healthcare of women and children. Specialising in the areas of paediatrics, maternity (obstetrics), gynaecology and breast care, we are uniquely suited to cater to the healthcare needs of women, children and their families.
Combining a dedicated multidisciplinary team of staff of over 600 leading consultants and clinical nurses, with a continued investment in state-of-the-art medical technology, we pride ourselves on providing high-quality healthcare to our patients.
Our most recent Care Quality Commission report rewarded us with a review of 'Good', highlighting The Portland Hospital's commitment to delivering clinical excellence, and inspiring us to continually strive to improve our service.
To apply please click the apply button.
Apply for Obstetrics and Gynaecology RMO Doctor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly