Central London NW1 2BU
We are actively recruiting for experienced specialist doctors in Haematology/Oncology trained to SPR Level to work on our inpatients ward and day care facility. This will be on rota will consisting of weekdays and weekends.
Our doctors are responsible clinically to the patients named Consultant, liaise daily regarding patients’ clinical care plan and escalate any concerns or changes in patient conditions and work in close liaison with the nursing and multidisciplinary team, to ensure the highest standards of patient care is delivered.
- Contract Type: 2 years fixed term contract
- Full time 40 hours per week or part time 24 hours per week commitment is required
- Location: Central London NW1 2BU
- Salary: £50000-£60000 per annum dependent upon experience. Pro-rata for part time
Our attractive rewards packages include; competitive salary, paid indemnity insurance, five days’ study leave, medical healthcare insurance, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review. Should you wish to conduct study further, our in-house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide clinical expertise to support the daily running of the units and clinical care delivered to all patients.
- Work in close liaison with the Junior Doctors on the ward and in Day Care to ensure the highest standards of patient care is delivered.
- Perform all relevant clinical procedures, including but not exclusive to bone marrow biopsies, lumbar punctures, removal of Hickman Lines.
- Review all drug charts daily and liaise with the Nurse in Charge and Pharmacist regarding any changes and potential problems.
- Prescribe all medication as per relevant clinical protocol.
- Ensure all patients are reviewed daily and that all reviews are documented in the patient’s medical records.
- Ensure patient records from admission through to discharge are accurately and promptly updated.
- Initiate life-saving procedures as and when called for and be conversant in ALS skills, conversant with all aspects of resuscitations, intubations and defibrillation as appropriate.
- Responsible for consenting patients for procedures and treatments
Skills and Experience
- GMC with licence to practice.
- Successful completion of MRCP or equivalent
- Evidence of achievement of Foundation Competencies from a UKFPO affiliated Foundation Program
- Evidence of achievement of CT/ST1&2 in a medical speciality
- Advanced life Support Training
About The Facility
Working in partnership with University College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, HCA UK at University College Hospital is a dedicated private facility offering expert care for patients with cancer and blood disorders. Our team of experienced doctors and nurses are highly trained offering the highest quality of personalised care, at all stages of treatment. We are continually investing in our facilities, offering the latest treatments and technology, including our advanced radiotherapy and JACIE-accredited bone marrow transplant service.
We are also proud of our "Outstanding" CQC rating, indicating the level of employees we have in our teams dedicated to HCA values. Committed to delivering outstanding care and performing their roles to the best of their abilities, supported by our visible and valuable hands on management teams.
To apply, please click the apply button.
Apply for RMO Haematology
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly