Our Child Health Service is the perfect size for you to gain wide exposure to neonatal and paediatric medicine with excellent consultant and multi-disciplinary team support. We have a strong core of general paediatrics with subspecialists in paediatric developmental, endocrine, gastroenterology, infectious diseases, neurology, and respiratory medicine. A tertiary level neonatal intensive care unit is located on campus and our paediatric surgery, and Haematology/Oncology services provide care across the entire South Island, so you will gain invaluable experience.
- Permanent, full-time Paediatric Registrar.
- Commencing right away in 2019!
What’s in it for Me?
- Gain experience across inpatient and outpatient general and subspecialty paediatrics, children’s haematology and oncology and neonatal medicine. Work in a supportive team environment across Christchurch Hospital and Christchurch Women’s Hospital (co-located on one campus).
- Accredited for basic and advanced Paediatric training under the governance of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP).
Skills & Experience
- You will have completed PGY2 (or FY2)
- You will have at least 6 months' experience in Paediatrics at the level of House Officer or Registrar.
- You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, then please click the “Apply Now” button below.
You will need to submit:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter
- Contact details for three referees.
For further information, email Tracey Sutherland at: firstname.lastname@example.org