Obstetrics and Gynaecology Registrar
5 days left
- Full Time
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you're part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Christchurch Women's Hospital is recognised as one of the best places to train in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (O&G) in New Zealand. We are a tertiary service for the South Island and you will have ample opportunities to care for complex patients with commodities.
O&G is a satisfying career choice - but skills in women's health will also be useful to a career in general practice, family planning or sexual health.
The Role: Where you fit it
- Fixed-term, full-time Obstetrics and Gynaecology Registrar
- Commencing in April 2019
- Located at Christchurch Women's Hospital, next to the Botanic gardens
What's in it for me?
- Experience the full scope of obstetric medicine, minimal access surgery, gynae-oncology, reproductive medicine, and fetal medicine
- Become accredited with the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (FRANCOG)
- Accelerate your learning with varied tertiary level training opportunities, regardless of your long term career goals
Skills and experience:
- You will have completed PGY2 (or FY2) by April 2019
- You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council's website at www.mcnz.org.nz
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What's important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Apply online by clicking the apply button, or to find out more information, please contact Tracey Sutherland.
You will need to submit:
- electronic copies of your CV and covering letter
- contact details for three referees.
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!