Resident Medical Officer/ Oncology SPR Doctor
Develop your medical career with HCA Healthcare UK, world’s largest private hospital healthcare group specialising in complex care.
Since 2008 HCA Healthcare UK has invested £100m in cancer services and its cancer network in London and Manchester and we are one of the only private healthcare providers whose services cover the entire cancer pathway and the first cancer network-private or public to be awarded CHKS Oncology standards.
Our Cancer patients get the most accurate diagnostic and effective treatment thanks to our state of the art medical technology. We were first in the UK to offer the revolutionary CyberKnife system and Di Vinci Robert. We are also the only private hospital group in the country using the ground-breaking new NanoKnife system a pioneering cancer treatment for inoperable tumours.
Be part of a team that excels in Cancer Diagnostics and Imaging, Genetic Testing and Counselling, Cancer Surgery and In-patient care, Radiation Oncology, Survivorship programme, Bone Marrow Transplantation, Fertility Services, Molecular profiling, Clinical Drug Trials and Palliative Care.
We are recruiting now for Specialist Oncology Doctors - RMO on a full time or part time basis to work in either of our Chemotherapy Day Case and/or Inpatient wards.
Contract Type: 1 or 2 years fixed term contract
Full time 40 hours per week or part time 24 hours per week
Location: Central London
- Princess Grace Hospital
- The Wellington Hospital
- Leaders in Oncology Care
- London Bridge Hospital
- University College Hospital – ( Requires Haematology and Oncology experience )
To apply for these roles you will need:
- MBBS medical qualification.
- GMC Registered
- Specialist trained to ST3 and above in Oncology
- Evidence of specialist training in Oncology or Haematology and/or Oncology Clinical Trials
- Current ALS Certificate
- MRCP or equivalent
About The Individual
Working in this role would be ideal for a Junior Doctor Specialist who aspires to have a consultant career in Oncology. This opportunity will provide pre CMT valuable experience working with world renowned specialist consultants, pioneering private practice treatments and medical advancements in complex care.
Our attractive rewards packages includes; Competitive salary, paid indemnity insurance, 5 days study leave, medical healthcare insurance, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review. Should you wish to conduct study further, our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests.
Summary of duties:
Work in close liaison with the nursing team and multi-disciplinary team to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
Provide medical cover, on instructions given by the consultants regarding patient management.
- Undertake daily walk rounds
- Update all patient records
- Complete drug charts and liaise with the nurse in charge regarding any potential problems
- Clerking of admissions and liaising with the supervising or admitting consultant
Take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- Attend to patients attending the chemotherapy day unit, radiotherapy department, and private outpatient clinics as requested.
- Consent patients following explanation of procedures such as, cytotoxic chemotherapy administration, radionuclide therapy as required.
- Undertake specific tests as requested by the consultant (including, blood tests, Bone marrow examinations, lumbar punctures, paracentesis and pleural fluid aspiration).
For further information visit our careers website HCAcareers.co.uk
Or contact Lisa Wilson Talent Manager for Doctors firstname.lastname@example.org