Specialty Training in Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics (CPT)
2 days left
- Full Time
Have you considered applying for Specialty Training in Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics (CPT)?
Here are some reasons why you should:
CPT is a rejuvenating specialty with increasing importance for the NHS in tackling the polypharmacy epidemic, upskilling the workforce in the use of medicines, applying new technologies e.g. genomics in precision medicine, and developing new treatments
- CPT trainees and consultants have diverse exciting roles in clinical practice, education, policy and research with low burn out rates
- Our dynamic professional organisation (www.bps.ac.uk) supports a close knit network for training and employment
- You can develop additional specialist interests as part of the flexible portfolio training scheme pilot (www.hee.nhs.uk/our-work/doctors-training/flexible-portfolio-training)
Don’t be put off by the myths….
- We welcome clinicians, educators and leaders as well as academics
- There are consultant jobs – there are no unemployed clinical pharmacologists
- CPT training can include development of a specialist interest in any therapeutic area
We would love to hear from you with any questions you have. For more information on this unique and dynamic specialty please contact Professor Emma Baker firstname.lastname@example.org; or trainee leads Dr Lauren Walker email@example.com; Dr Andrew Scourfield, firstname.lastname@example.org. We can connect you with training centres with vacancies across the UK.
Please find the person specification specialtytraining.hee.nhs.uk/Recruitment/Person-specifications and other information www.st3recruitment.org.uk/specialties/clinical-pharmacology
Please apply directly through Oriel (REF): by clicking the apply button.