Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon -Cataract Specialist - Private Sector
- Part Time
Rig Locums are looking for a Cataract Ophthalmic Surgeon in a Private Treatment Center located in the South West of England to start on the 4th February 2019.
- The post holder will be required to perform a range of ophthalmology procedures, on patients referred to the centre, working in accordance with treatment centre protocols and working practices. The post will include clinical sessions at the Treatment Centre site and, other locations from which may run satellite services as requested by Hospital & Medical Directors.
- The post holder will be required to demonstrate a high level of operative skill in some (or all) of the following areas:
- High Volume Phakoemulsification under topical anaesthesia.
- Wet AMD.
- Duties will include preoperative, intra operative and postoperative activities as well as utilising time allocated for Supporting Professional Activity.
- The post holder will be required to have completed a substantial number of the procedures identified above independently. Applicants will be expected to have an excellent clinical quality record and be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver high level of productivity and utilisation in Theatres.
- The post holder will also need to demonstrate a commitment to excellent teamwork with clinical colleagues, willingness to utilise and develop clinical care pathways in the overall management of patients and assist in improving these pathways over time, and a very positive attitude to dealing with patients.
- The post holder will be required to build on close relations with other surgical colleagues as part of our multidisciplinary team. He/She will also be required to participate in audit, research and management of the service.
- It is anticipated that the post holder will engage in specific management tasks and contribute to monthly departmental meetings in agreement with the Medical Director.
- All full time roles are 40 hours per week. A commitment to provide out of hours advice will be required. This is to be determined with ophthalmic colleagues. First line cover will be provided by the RMO. Opportunities may arise for further clinical work in addition to the basic contract.
- The surgeon will participate in pre-operative assessment in Outpatients prior to surgery, and in all aspects of the operative care of the patients. It is anticipated that the surgeon will spend the equivalent of up to three days in the operating theatre (pro rata) and two days a week in a combination of outpatient assessment; administrative, management and clinical governance duties. S/he will work closely with clinical colleagues in order to enhance the level of patient care at the Centre.
- The final allocation of patient contact time, including theatre, pre-operative assessment and follow-up clinics will be agreed in discussion with the Medical Director of the Treatment Centre.
- In addition to the clinical duties the post holder will undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of his/her patients and with the running of the department. Each consultant will be responsible for producing the appropriate clinical records for each patient
- He/she will be expected to work with local managers and professional colleagues in the efficient running of services and will share with consultant colleagues in the medical contribution to management.
Consultant Job Plan
A typical job plan will comprise of 10 Programmed Activities (PAs) per week (DCC – 9 and SPA)
What weeks will you be expected to work?
- w/c 4 February
- w/c 11 February
- w/c 4 March
- w/c 11 March
- w/c 1 April
- w/c 8 April
What you will need to Apply?
- In Date DBS
- GMC registration
- 2 clinical references
- Full UK working rights
- 2 Profs of addresses (within 3 months)
Why should you work with RIG?
- Dedicated consultant here to help you, 24 hours a day.
- We are on all NHS approved frameworks.
- Two weekly payrolls
- Competitive rates
- Operating since 2006.
- Great Referral schemes
If you are interested and this seems like something that would be a benefit to you APPLY NOW!
Please send your CV to Lauren Mizzi the specialist Recruiter in Ophthalmology to email@example.com or call 07551156449 for more information about the above role.
Apply for Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon -Cataract Specialist - Private Sector
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly