We are just at the start of an exciting period in the history of the practice. Negotiations are under way to develop a new, state of the art practice and due to expansion we are looking for a Salaried GP/Partner to join us. Start date to be mutually agreed.
We are an enthusiastic training practice (GP trainee and medical students) aiming to provide traditional, personal doctoring. We value personal and professional development and see it as essential to job satisfaction. We serve a population of 13,000 + in a suburban area of North Telford, a thriving new town set in beautiful Shropshire with nationally rated schools. We achieve high QOF standards.
We are interested in applicants at any stage of their GP career, including straight from VTS training. One of our younger partners joined us straight after completing GP training in another other part of the country, and we recognise the challenges that may occur both working in a new area and for newly qualified GPs. We are enthusiastic about providing mentoring and support to new GPs, and have the experience to provide this. There are also opportunities to develop areas of specialist interest.
- Looking to work 4-8 sessions per week
- A desire to work as part of a supportive and enthusiastic team of healthcare professionals
- A willingness to participate in GP meetings and take an interest in the development of the practice in the challenging times ahead
About the Practice:
- GMS Practice with 13,000 + patients
- Six GP partners, one ANP Partner, five Salaried GPs, one Registrar
- Extensive nursing team including Advanced Nurse Practitioners
- Teaching practice affiliated to Keele University
- Paper light, Emis Web and Docman software
Informal visits welcome. Apply with CV and covering letter to:
Ruth Waldendorf – Practice Manager, Shawbirch Medical Centre, 5 Acorn Way, Shawbirch TF5 0LW. Telephone: 01952 641555
Alternatively to apply, please click the apply button.
GP Patient Survey results:
For more information visit our website: www.shawbirchmedicalcentre.nhs.uk
Closing date / time: 5pm, 28th February 2019
Interview: Date to be arranged