Community Consultant OPMH, Bridgwater
5 days left
- Career Level
Old Age Psychiatry Consultant – Community & Medical Excellence
Pay Scale: £77,913 - £105,042 per annum
A newly created and enhanced OPMH Community Consultant role has arisen from an initiative to support the development of excellence through research, leadership and medical education within the medical body in Somerset Partnership.
The enhanced Consultant opportunity is an 11 PA job which includes 3.5 SPAs for the enhanced role. This allows the individual consultant to develop an area of special interest in research, leadership or medical education. This role will be bespoke for each applicant, and will include mentoring, coaching and training as decided during the job application process and within the individuals’ job plan.
There will be extra funding available to pursue this enhanced development, and the pathway will be adapted as the individual progresses through their career.
The clinical component of the job will be 7.5PA’s and will hold responsibility for the Older Persons Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) in Bridgwater and the surrounding areas.
- Deliver direct interventions including assessment, diagnosis and treatment of mental and physical health needs of community patient’s in Bridgwater
- Responsible Clinician for patients subject to a compulsory treatment order under the Mental Health Act;
- Undertake MHA assessments as the Trust Section 12 doctor for patients in their care (including those detained under S136);
- Work closely with the community teams to provide effective multidisciplinary collaborative care; this will include availability for consultation, case discussion and advice at the request of team members and / or team managers;
- Provide visible and clear clinical leadership to the mental health service both locally and across the Trust;
- Work collaboratively with inpatient doctors to ensure smooth transition for patients admitted and discharged from the ward;
- Contribute to the development of older people’s community best practice,
- Participate in Medical Audit, including audit of their own practice and attendance at quarterly Medical Audit meetings;
- Provide cross cover for planned leave with the other inpatient medical staff;
The successful candidate will be Section 12 approved, with eligibility for entry onto the GMC Specialist Register (or be within 6 months of CCT at time of application), ideally with prior experience gained in an older adult community setting.
Somerset offers an outstanding quality of life, with easy access to the moorland and coast, a thriving arts and entertainment scene and excellent transport links to the nearby cities of Bristol and Exeter.
Somerset has some of the region’s most reasonably priced housing, and is well serviced by a range of high achieving state and private schools.
Apply for Community Consultant OPMH, Bridgwater
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly