Carnival UK is the UK operating company for P&O Cruises and Cunard Line, award winning and prestigious brands of great British heritage. We employ engaged and passionate people to deliver the highest customer service standards and medical care to our guests.
We currently have an opportunity for someone to join our team in the role of Doctor on board one of our luxury cruise ships. The successful applicant will be faced with a varied caseload on a daily basis and the experiences gained will be hard to come by in any other medical environment. From minor illnesses to major trauma your day will be one of unusual scenarios – you should not expect it all to be the stereotypical sea sickness and sunburn.
You will provide and maintain a safe and efficient operation within the Medical Centre for all routine and emergency care for both our passengers and crew. In-patient care on board encompasses the management of a wide variety of clinical problems including cardiac disease (thrombolysis and cardiac monitoring), trauma/orthopaedic problems and acute medical emergencies.
To be considered you do not need previous cruise ship experience but you will need:
- To be a fully qualified doctor with current registration with the United Kingdom GMC or appropriate Governmental regulatory body
- 2 Years Post FY1 required (FY2, plus two years as a SHO)
- Minimum of six months recent experience within A&E and within a Critical Care Environment
- Competent experience in airway management - intubation and conscious sedation
- Competent in management of common cardiac cases and the ability to lead a cardiac arrest team
- Able to reduce common fractures / dislocations
- ALS/ ACLS
- Proven proficiency in a wide range of clinical skills, including care and assessment of acutely ill patients and management of minor injuries and medical conditions
- The ability to work independently and as an effective member of a small team
- Be ambitious, passionate and dedicated to delivering a quality service to our valued passengers and crew
- Comply with all CUK safeguarding policies and procedures when carrying out duties
In return we are offering an excellent career opportunity, a choice of working patterns to suit your work/life balance, anextensive CPD programme and training opportunities to ensure you build upon your existing skills, and above all a unique opportunity to experience a job unlike any you have done before.
Carnival UK is a designated body for GMC revalidation.