Consultant Gastroenterologist and Physician
Situated in one of the most beautiful and inexpensive parts of the country, The County Hospital (Hereford) is a new purpose-built hospital providing high quality acute medical services to a rural population of approximately 230,000, mainly drawn from the County of Herefordshire, but also from its neighbouring Welsh County of Powys. In addition to excellent working conditions, the hospital continues to evolve (including a brand new 24-bedded AMU and new surgical ward block under construction).
This post offers a fantastic opportunity for great work-life balance by joining a modern, highly capable, progressive and cohesive multidisciplinary team, as part of ongoing service expansion to support 7-day Gastroenterology service, by increasing the team from 4 to 6 Consultants.
This is a comprehensive and modern Gastroenterology Department, supported by an excellent team of Gastroenterology & Hepatology nurses (CNS 4, ANP 3) and full complement of Junior Doctors / Physician Associates. The Department possesses broad diagnostic and interventional capabilities:
- Diagnostic and interventional endoscopy (incl. ERCP, VCE, Bowel Cancer Screening)
- Specialty radiology (incl. CTC, CTE/MRE, SeCHAT & emptying studies)
- GI physiology (incl. High res. oesophageal manometry / 24hr pH-Z studies and H2BT)
- Faecal diagnostics (incl. established FIT and Calprotectin primary care pathways)
We have a close working relationship with the Liver / HPB Unit at University Hospital Birmingham, this includes a tertiary Hepatology Outreach clinic based at Hereford.
The 10 PA job plan is split 7.5 DCC and 2.5 SPA. Additional specialty or management PAs can be offered.
Successful applicants will have NO out-of-hours acute medical on-call commitment, but will join a 1:8 out of hours GI bleed rota and provide 1:6 specialty inpatient review services at weekends.
- Be on, or eligible for inclusion on the Specialist Register for Gastroenterology and General Internal Medicine
- Be on the GMC’s Specialist Register or within 6 months of obtaining CCST at the time of interview
For further enquiries or to arrange a visit, please contact Dr Andrew Milestone (Clinical Lead for Gastroenterology), email@example.com 01432 364064 or Dr Rupert Ransford (Clinical Lead for Endoscopy) firstname.lastname@example.org tel 01432 364117
Closing date: 27 January 2019
Interview date: 25 February 2019
Please apply via nhs jobs, www.jobs.nhs.uk Reference no 229-MDMS83 or via CV