Imperial Post-Doctoral, Post-CCT Research Fellowships
Faculty of Medicine
Full-time; Fixed-term for two years starting from 1 st September 2019 - 31 st March 2020
As a world leading centre for research and training, Imperial College London is keen to attract and cultivate the most promising clinical academic researchers at all stages of their careers.
Applications are invited from exceptional clinicians to undertake an exciting research Fellowship. The Imperial Post-Doctoral, Post-CCT Research Fellowship (IPPRF) scheme will fund high quality early stage medical clinical academics who have completed their Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) to work towards intermediate fellowship/clinician scientist programmes.
Through the Fellowship, you will receive funding for 2 years protected time to conduct research (both salary and consumables) and prepare applications for your next fellowship. This opportunity is available in most specialty areas
and aimed at individuals with the potential to become leaders in academic medicine with a commitment to conducting research at Imperial College London.
Applicants must have been awarded a PhD or MD and hold a CCT, or be within 12 months of obtaining CCT (or equivalent) at the time of application. Awards are up to 2 years duration undertaking full time research, with the option of maintaining clinical work 1 day per week (with the expectation that there will be an Honorary contract from the Imperial College Healthcare or other NHS Trust).
The IPPRF Fellowships are funded jointly by Imperial and Wellcome Trust Institutional Strategic Support Fund. The application process comprises 2 stages:
- Interested applicants should first approach the relevant department within the Faculty of Medicine to discuss their research interest and establish whether the department is able to support their application. They should then obtain formal approval from the department for this project.
- Applicants should submit their approved IPPRF application proposal, CV and completed Job application form.
Further details about the opportunity and application process can be found via the apply button.
A Job application form, CV and IPPRF fellowship application form will be required.
Applications must be received online. Please complete and upload relevant application papers as directed quoting reference number MED00947.
- The deadline for contacting the relevant Imperial Department to request support and estimates for research costs is: Monday 28 January 2019, 17.00 hrs.
- The closing date for submitting formal Job application form, IPPRF application form and CVs is: Monday 25 February 2019, midnight.
- Interviews will take place on: Friday 26 April 2019.
For further information about the Fellowship, including forms and guidance, visit the Imperial Clinical Academic Training Office website, CATO or email email@example.com
Should you have any queries regarding the Imperial Job website or application process please contact: Fern Whyte in HR, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Imperial College London is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment.
We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.