Specialty Doctor - Psychiatry
SPECIALTY DOCTOR - PSYCHIATRY
The post holder will be working with the Consultant led multi-disciplinary team in one of the inpatient wards. It is expected that the Speciality doctor is flexible to provide service within the team and take up senior roles supporting the consultant and junior roles covering the absence of the junior trainee within the team as and when required.
The Specialty doctor will provide a continuity of care from admission to discharge of the patient. They are expected to make a comprehensive assessment and formulate a diagnosis and treatment plan. Their roles within the teams will be agreed with their Consultant.
The various duties of the specialty doctor include:
- Day to day management of the in-patients working alongside the consultant and team caring for inpatients. These include meeting physical and mental health needs of patients and setting and following appropriate management plans in liaison with other medical staff & the Multidisciplinary (MDT) as well with carers, family members, GPs and other external sectors.
- Attendance at MDT ward rounds, well as other inpatient reviews, CPAs and/or discharge planning meetings.
- For the clinical work it is expected that RiO continuation notes will be kept and that letters, discharge summaries, and Tribunal reports and other reports to external bodies are dictated and prepared promptly when requested.
- They will also be expected to be involved in the Clinical Governance programme and encouraged to participate in medical audit.
- It is expected that when required, the post holder attends MHA managers and Tribunal hearings.
- Close liaison with the Crisis and Home Treatment and the Community Mental health teams.
- To contribute to the assessment of capacity, risk, and management plans to mitigate risk factors; to make sure that appropriate documentation is present on electronic files as per CQC guidelines.
- Participating in the adult day duty (9:00 and 5:00 PM) rota for doctors working in Adult in patient wards to facilitate to cover the trainees.
- Attending local academic teaching programme and keeping up to date with current practice.
- Supervision and teaching of the junior doctors and medical students who are allocated to the team as agreed with the Consultant as well as taking part in in-house ward based teaching sessions.
Please contact Dr Navjyot Sodhi, Associate Medical Director for more information
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button