Consultant Psychiatrist, Victoria Gardens
Doctors & Consultants
Victoria Road, Huyton, Liverpool, Merseyside L36 5SA
Salary: dependent on experience
Elysium Healthcare brings together a unique approach to the delivery of care where the patient is embedded in the heart of all aspects of hospital life.
Our inclusive way of working has the patient as a true partner in their care.
We recognise that each and every member of staff has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is with their dedication, passion and hard work that we can deliver excellent care programs that truly benefit the patients.
Elysium Healthcare has a network of over 50 services strategically placed across England and Wales.
Victoria Gardens is a new purpose built service opening early 2019 in Huyton, Merseyside.
Annual salary: dependent on experience
Hours per week: 37.5
Our Consultant Psychiatrist role involves:
- Being a member of the medical department advising on psychiatric and medical issues within the unit.
- As a member of the medical department, operationally managing within agreed standards, targets, timetables and constraints, in accordance with operational and strategic objectives in the Medical Service Level Agreement
- Responsibility for the administration of the Mental Health Act, Clinical Policy, Clinical Standards and associated administrative tasks in respect of patients
- Exercising professional leadership and instituting, managing and evaluating through audit a medical service, ensuring that clinical policy, practice and its application is research based and of a good standard
- Being jointly responsible with the General Practitioner for the provision of medical services appropriate to patients in this service
- Participating in the interview process for medical staff
- Training, developing and appraising direct reports
- Visiting potential purchasers and providers when necessary or appropriate in conjunction with the Executive Director and/or Medical Director
- Facilitating and supporting the Clinical Quality Assurance programme, ensuring consistency within the units
- Assisting Medical Director in developing Clinical Governance in conjunction with the Clinical Governance team
- Ensuring high quality and appropriate information and paperwork is received by our customers
- Ensuring professional policy and practice and their application is of a good standard across the hospital and is consistent
- Ensuring professional compliance with the relevant professional bodies
- Participating in channels of communication throughout the hospital through which clinicians contribute information
- Participating in supervision, appraisal and continued professional development in accordance with company policy and professional guidelines
- Providing clinical assistance and support where required to the development of strategies for clinical audit and medical education
To be successful as a Consultant Psychiatrist , you’ll need:
- To be Medically qualified
- MRC Psych or equivalent
- Inclusion in the Specialist Register for Psychiatry
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Effective analytical, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Innovative and imaginative with the ability to initiate corporate decisions
- The ability to respond quickly and flexibly to changing priorities
- Leadership ability
- The ability to affect change professionally and organisationally
- Essential understanding of current developments in psychiatry and other aspects of mental health
- Substantial knowledge of change management, relevant legislation, contemporary issues in mental health, recruitment and retention issues for doctors, knowledge of, and experience in purchaser/provider contractual issues
- Previous consultant experience
- Previous experience in a management role
About our benefits
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Career development
- Voluntary Benefits
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
For more information or to have an informal chat about this role, please email Dr Quazi Haque, Executive Medical Director at Elysium Healthcare email@example.com
To apply, please click the apply button.