An Opportunity to shape the future of Primary Care – Salaried GP Oxfordshire
Amazing opportunity for flexible and rewarding work. Based in a market town just outside Oxford City. Great communications with the rest of the country, especially London and the Midlands. Fantastic place to live and bring up a family, affordable housing with a mixture of old and new accommodation. Good restaurants, schools, cinema, theatre, outdoor pursuits and fantastic shopping.
Due to the rapid expansion of Bicester we have anything up to 8 sessions available. The population served is generally young with a low deprivation index. Work load is under control as is work life balance. The team is supportive and innovative with a mentoring ethos.
Alchester Medical Group is currently working across two main sites and one sub-branch but we are looking to relocate into one new facility as soon as possible and plans are well underway. This will help us further develop and embrace innovative ways of working and to influence, design and expand local services. It is a very exciting time and, working in one of the UK’s 10 ‘Healthy New Towns’ we offer an unrivalled opportunity to truly shape the future of primary Care.
If you would like to be a part of this please let us know.
About the Surgery:
- Modern, large consulting rooms
- Growing list size of 20,000 across three sites
- High levels of patient satisfaction
- Working alongside 14 other highly-qualified GPs with a whole spectrum of special interests
- Genuinely happy and pleasant working environment
- Loyal staff - high staff retention
- Respected training practice – including F2’s and registrars
- Exciting future plans including new premises and expansion of service provision
- Manageable workload
- Paperwork & small amount of home visits in-between
- Flexible number of sessions
- To be part of a successful team
- Has the support of a significant and well trained team of nurses and HCA’s
- Using EMIS Web clinical system
- Fantastic support structure of highly-qualified GPs
- Mentoring culture
- Positive and open ethos
- High QOF achiever
- Keen to support clinical progression
- 6 weeks annual leave (pro-rata)
- 1 week study leave (pro-rata)
- NHS pension
- No weekend working
We are looking to fill the post as soon as possible although the practice is happy to wait for the right GP & notice period.
Application by CV and covering letter to George Thomas, Practice Manager, Alchester Medical Group, Victoria House Surgery, 119 Buckingham Road, Bicester, Oxon, OX26 3EU or apply via the apply click button to apply.Telephone: 01869 248 585 or 01869 328 490
(Informal visits by arrangement.)