Consultant General Surgeon (Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery)
1 day left
- Full Time
The General Surgical Services within the hospitals of the Worcestershire Acute NHS Trust are currently undergoing a thorough review within the countywide Acute Services Review (www.worcestershirehealth.nhs.acute-services-review/). The vision of this countywide review is to secure the best possible healthcare for county residents that are sustainable for the foreseeable future.
Notwithstanding the on-going review, the impetus to reconfigure the General Surgery Service is due to the demands of increased sub specialisation within General Surgery and in particular with:-
- the introduction and expansion of a countywide bariatric service which is planned to increase over the next few years;
- the agreement that is allowing the General Surgeons with a sub-specialty interest in Breast surgery to cease their commitment to emergency general surgery;
- the progressive increase in demand for colorectal services; laparoscopic bowel resection, pelvic floor activity, bowel screening services.
- the need to centralise major gastrointestinal surgery and the 24 hour emergency General Surgery Service.
The job plan allows for regular out-patient sessions, elective operating lists, endoscopy sessions and attendance at the lower GI cancer Multi-Disciplinary Meeting with management of, and follow-up of, patients admitted as an emergency.
The appointee will be fully trained in General and Lower Gastro Intestinal Laparoscopic surgery and have CCST.
Secretarial support and office accommodation will be provided.
A copy of the job description for the post and further information and details of how to apply for the post can be obtained by clicking on the APPLY button by quoting reference number 365-A-18-79858.
Contact for an initial discussion with overview of the post can be made through:-
- Mr Miguel Zilvetti, Consultant Colorectal Surgeon/Clinical Lead, Contact No. – Telephone 01905 733783
- Mrs Deborah Nicol, Consultant Colorectal Surgeon, Contact No. – Telephone 01905 733348
Closing Date: Tuesday,11th December 2018
Interview Date: Tuesday, 22nd January 2019