Trust Doctor (CT 1-3 level) Post in Forensic Psychiatry based at Broadmoor Hospital
Salary: £37,191 - £47,132 per annum pro-rata depending upon level of experience plus pay supplements and London Fringe Weighting of £149 per annum pro rata. In addition, the hospital offers a monthly £575 travel/subsistence allowance.
A limited number of Trust Doctor positions are now available for talented and committed candidates to work at Broadmoor Hospital with its strong academic profile and longstanding international reputation for delivering progressive and innovative forensic mental health care.
The post will be based on one acute ward (up to 12 patients) and half of a rehabilitation ward (up to 10 patients).
The Post Holder will gain exposure to a unique patient group who present with severe and complex psychopathology, complex developmental histories and complex management problems.
The relatively low patient turn-over means that routine clerking is minimal and instead, the Post Holder will have the opportunity to acquire an in-depth knowledge of their patients and develop stable, long term therapeutic relationships.
By working alongside a mature group of senior clinicians with considerable expertise and experience, the Post Holder will gain an excellent grounding in the psychiatric assessment and formulation of complex cases and will also gain experience and confidence in managing the most challenging of psychiatric presentations both robustly and humanely.
In addition, the Post Holder will gain exposure to the following areas:
- Patients who present with severe personality pathology
- Cases at the interface with the Criminal Justice System
- High media profile cases and the dynamics surrounding their management
- Comprehensive and accurate clinical risk assessment and risk management
- An understanding of the therapeutic uses of security processes
- Exposure to the hospital’s comprehensive suite of biological, psychological and social therapies including individual therapy, group work, OT, vocational training, psycho-education, ECT, psychophysiology (polygraphy and penile plethysmography)
You will be encouraged to participate in our well-established Academic Programme and you will receive weekly clinical supervision.
This post will be ward based, working Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm and will participate in a 1:10 resident first on-call rota.
The post is full time, however part time and job share applications are also welcomed.
Please apply via the apply click button.
For further details:
Interested candidates should contact Dr Shaun Bhattacherjee, Clinical Tutor on 01344 754059 or Dr Rob Bates, Clinical Director on 01344 754425.
Closing Date for Applications: 23.11.18
Interview Date: 27.11.18