Rare opportunity to combine being GP with your passion for teaching – mixed billings
This well-established practice prides itself on providing first-class healthcare to the local community. A rare opportunity has presented which will enable you to practice as a GP whilst combining your desire to teach. This established clinic has been providing a full range of medical services to the local community in the western suburbs of Brisbane since 2010 and is now on the lookout for a GP who has experience in teaching and has a real passion for helping shape the next generation of General Practitioners! With an exciting new development to take place in the next 12 months, this practice is looking for an outstanding GP to lead the clinic team through this important phase.
This practice is positioned in one of Australia’s fastest growing cities with a quite a young demographic in a great central location. Close to Gold Coast, the mountains (Mt Tambourine) and only 45-minute commute to Brisbane’s CBD, this is an area with great infrastructure and is expected to really thrive in the coming years.
About the culture:
- Full time nursing support – with on-site training of nurses
- GPs will be provided generous support to develop an area of interest
- Ample onsite parking available
- This centre cultivates innovative thinking and planning – GPs with this interest will be highly regarded
About the practice:
- Full time support team including reception and administration
- 5 GPs in the practice at present
- Experienced and very supportive practice manager
- Onsite allied health and specialists – GPs work closely with these groups in a team effort
- Patient population includes young professionals, university students, and young families in the local community
- Operated by of one of Queensland’s most respected health care organisations
- Opportunity to teach medical students from the University of Queensland
About the role:
- Mixed billings
- 65% of billings
- Guaranteed hourly rate for the first 3 months
- Due to a GP leaving there will be an existing patient base to take over
- Clinical lead; or senior role available
- GPs looking for flexible hours including school hours will be accommodated
- Minimum guarantee for the first three months to six months, as needed
- Full time or part time positions available
- No weekend work required
Why we choose to represent this organisation:
Having worked with this group for over 5 years, we are confident in recommending their positions to our GPs. We are aware of the caution GPs need to take when joining a new practice. Having placed several doctors within this organisation over the past 5 years, we know that incoming GPs will be well supported and given every chance to succeed. In fact, of all the GPs we have placed with this organisation, not one has left!
Why work with Alecto Medical Recruitment?
Over the past 8 years, Alecto Australia has helped nearly 300 UK GPs make the transition to Australia. We understand that moving to Australia is a big step, but we know how to make it easier as well! That’s why we have consultants on the ground (UK and Australia) offering support to our GPs - from beginning to end.
Best of all, if you accept a job through one of our clients, you will receive comprehensive and FREE registration assistance from our dedicated registration consultant, Megan.
Contact Paula in Australia on +61 420 548 764 or Raelene who is based in the UK, on +44 7808 704 050 and quote reference number to start your new life in Australia
Apply for Rare opportunity to combine being GP with your passion for teaching – mixed billings
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly