EEA-Trained Family Doctor jobs with NHS England – London, UK
The National Health Service (NHS) in England is running an international recruitment campaign for Family Doctors. In England these are called General Practitioners (or GPs).
The NHS plan to recruit around 2,000 doctors from overseas locations by 2020. These doctors will work alongside UK-trained GPs to develop an exciting range of health services in local community settings.
This campaign, which offers an unrivalled level of support to international doctors moving to the UK, will run for a limited time only.
Some of the benefits for successful applicants:
- GMC registration fees paid
- Assistance with English Language tests and continued training
- Financial support (capped) with accommodation and transport costs for first 28 days in post
- Support in getting to know the area you will be living and working in
- Induction training
- Paid leave to improve English Language skills if required
- Practices involved in this scheme will be offering attractive and competitive salaries
- Minimum 3-year role with an NHS practice in London
- Generous help with relocation costs and continued mentorship for 6 months
GPs in England are the foundation of the NHS. They are general experts in the whole field of medicine, managing healthcare outcomes for all their patients, including acute illness, long-term conditions, and mental health problems. Nine out of 10 NHS patients are seen in English general practice, with nearly nine out of 10 patients rating their experience as good.
GPs usually work in practices, working in close teams alongside nurses, healthcare assistants, practice managers, receptionists, and other staff. They provide continuing medical care for patients in the community, or will refer patients to hospital clinics for further assessment or specialist treatment.
Many GPs choose to work in England because of the attractive salaries and benefits – but the work offers much, much more. You'll have the opportunity to extend your clinical experience as part of a team of 1.3 million NHS employees, all of whom are proud to work for a national treasure and many of whom have come to England from locations across the globe.
Any GP recruited under the international recruitment programme and working in the UK before 29th March 2019 will be able to stay and enjoy the same rights and benefits as now and qualifications of EU doctors will continue to be recognised if they were obtained before 29th March 2019.
To find out more, or to apply, contact Kelly McPherson on +44 (0)131 240 5260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org