Consultant Cardiologist with an interest in heart failure and complex cardiac devices
Consultant Cardiologist with an interest in advanced cardiac devices and heart failure.
Situated in one of the most beautiful parts of the country, Hereford Hospitals Trust is a new purpose built hospital providing high quality acute medical services to a population of approximately 230,000, mainly drawn from the County of Herefordshire, but also from its neighbouring Welsh County of Powys. In addition to excellent working conditions, the new hospital provides both new equipment and excellent facilities.
The department is committed to innovative working and a successful team-based approach has been developed over many years. There is a well-established complex and bradycardia devices service.
A full range of invasive and non-invasive investigations is available in our purpose built Cardiology Department.
This is an exciting time for the department:-
- This new appointment will increase the department to a team of 5 and soon to be 6 cardiologists.
- It is planned that the appointee will lead the devices and heart failure service.
- These appointments will allow a move towards 7 day cardiology working.
- have an interest and experience in complex and bradycardia devices and heart failure management..
- be on, or eligible for inclusion on, the Specialist Register in Cardiovascular Medicine.
- be on the GMC’s Specialist Register or within 3 months of obtaining CCST at the time of interview which is expected to take place in early January 2019
The post is intended as whole-time / maximum part-time but applications would be considered from candidates wishing to work part-time and the programme will be modified accordingly.
For further enquiries or to arrange a visit, please contact Dr Jim Glancy, Dr Neeraj Prasad, Dr Andrew Epstein or Dr Ioannis Vasiliadis Consultant Cardiologists on (01432) 364087 or 364071.
Closing date: 3 December 2018
Interview date: early January 2019
application is via nhs jobs, www.jobs.nhs.uk reference number 229-MDMS76A
or via CV