Clinical Senior Lecturer (Education)/Clinical Lecturer (Education) in Chemical Pathology
3 days left
- Full Time
Centre for Medical Education
School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences
This post will be based between the Centre for Medical Education sits within the School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences at QUB and the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust.
At QUB where we have a perfect balance of world-class teaching resources and internationally recognised research infrastructure.
The successful candidate will strengthen the clinical academic base of Chemical Pathology within the Centre.
The post holder will undertake significant teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, engage in scholarly activity and contribute to School and Centre administration/outreach activity and to deliver and enhance clinical services in Chemical Pathology.
The University wish to appoint at either Senior Lecturer or Lecturer level.
The successful candidate will have:
• Primary Medical Degree
• Higher degree (Masters or equivalent in a relevant subject area)
• Full and Specialist registration (and with a licence to practise) with the General Medical Council (GMC), or be eligible for registration within six months of interview.
• Applicants that are UK trained, must ALSO be a holder of a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT), or be within six months of award of CCT by date of interview. Applicants that are non-UK trained, will be required to show evidence of equivalence to the UK CCT
• FRCPath or show evidence of equivalent qualification
• Clinical experience in Chemical Pathology and evidence of progression appropriate to career stage.
• Experience in the management of clinical service in the relevant specialty
Further information about the Centre can be found at www.qub.ac.uk/schools/mdbs/Study/PostgraduateResearch/CurrentOpportunities/CME/
Anticipated interview date: Monday 19 November 2018 or Tuesday 8 January 2019
Salary scale: £76,001 - £102,466 per annum
Closing date: Wednesday 21 November 2018
For full criteria and to apply online, please click the Apply button. You must clearly demonstrate how you are meeting the criteria on your application.
For further information or assistance contact Resourcing Team, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN.
Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.