Opportunities in New Zealand.
- Based in the scenic paradise of the South Island, New Zealand
- A highly experienced unit with a strong supportive infrastructure
- Financially and professionally rewarding with opportunity for flexible hours
Intus is seeking suitably qualified Gastroenterologists for full time positions working within their clinical team based in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- You have significant experience in clinical Gastroenterology with advanced training in endoscopy (including Capsule endoscopy).
- You hold a Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP), or equivalent qualifications to enable vocational registration as a specialist Gastroenterologist with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
You would work as a lead surgeon or physician and endoscopist in one or more of our three centres, with the opportunity to establish a niche within colorectal and digestive care. In our unique working environment, clinicians have the opportunity of flexible hours, no acute call and reduced out-of-hours work, as well as support for research and teaching.
- Your colleagues and nursing staff describe you as technically skilled, patient-focused, caring and collaborative.
- You work with integrity and discretion. You are culturally competent and value and respect your team and colleagues. You seek advice when appropriate and you work collaboratively with your surgical colleagues in Transdisciplinary Team Meetings, in the Operating Theatre, and in the corridor.
- You should have maintained excellence in surgical practice and provide evidence of service and commitment to patients. You should be driven by the desire to achieve the best outcome for your patients: – our focus is patient focused.
- You are eligible for specialist vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
Intus Colorectal and Digestive Care is New Zealand’s leading pelvic floor unit and most experienced minimally invasive colorectal centre. The clinical director introduced laparoscopic colorectal surgery to New Zealand, has been involved with teaching surgical and leadership skills in New Zealand, Australia and Myanmar, and is currently a Councillor of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
Intus is a collaborative team of specialists, nurses, physiotherapists and dietitians with an infrastructure to provide high quality personalised clinical services in a supportive and respectful environment. We provide boutique private specialist digestive and colorectal care for our community in Christchurch, Wanaka and Queenstown. Our quality is evidenced by EQuIP6 accreditation.
We offer in-house endoscopy and minor surgery facilities, and undertake operations at two private hospitals, one of which adjoins our principal office in Christchurch.
The Intus team provides a high level of administrative and nursing support for you and your patients. Intus has the tremendous benefit of its own in-house patient management system and IT support.
Intus hosts regular Pelvic Floor Transdisciplinary Team meetings involving Colorectal Surgeons, Gynaecologists, Urologists, Radiologists and Physiotherapists, and contributes to the Christchurch Colorectal Cancer MDT meetings and the Binational Bowel Cancer Registry, as well as holding regular clinicopathological review sessions and clinical audit reviews.
Intus is redefining colorectal and digestive care, so come and define your career with us.
We can offer free assistance for you and your family - including support with professional registration, immigration advice and relocation to NZ.
Contact us NOW to find out further information on the role and the client based in Christchurch, New Zealand
Our details are listed below or call our UK to NZ free phone on 0808 23 444 68. Alternatively, please click the apply button to apply.