Medical Advisor (60-80% Clinical Cancer Research)
The Swiss Group for Clinical Cancer Research (www.sakk.ch) employs more than 70 coworkers at the SAKK Coordinating Center in Bern. According to our vision “We bring progress to cancer care“ we are a non-profit organization conducting clinical trials in oncology since 1965. As per January 1st 2019 or upon agreement, we are looking for a motivated and reliable Medical Advisor( 60-80% Clinical Cancer Research).
- Active participation in evaluating trial proposals and in SAKK protocol development (Phase I-III trials)
- Contact person for medical inquiries of the trial sites. Contact and liaison person to the specialized physicians within the SAKK network
- Contact person for answering medical inquiries and interpretation of medical reports created by the units of the Coordinating Center in terms with the relevant SOP and job description
- Process and evaluate specific questions and problems in connection with trial conduct that require a medical specialist's expertise
- Perform specific tasks related to Phase I trials (e.g. active participation in DLT Assessment)
- Support the Safety Office as consultant and deputy for tasks that require specific medical expertise
- Review of safety reports for oncological trials
Continuous Medical Education
- You get involved in the internal continuous medical education at the SAKK Coordinating Center
- University degree in medicine with experience in clinical oncology (preferably further training in medical oncology)
- Interest in medical research, scientific questions issues and pharmacovigilance
- Experience in planning and conducting clinical trials
- Several years of clinical experience
- Ability to work independently, reliability, adherence to timelines and pragmatism
- Very good communication skills
- Team spirit and ability to work across the units
- Analytical thinking and high quality awareness
- Business fluent - written and oral communication skills in German and English
What we offer:
You will perform relevant work to contribute to clinical cancer research. We offer a friendly and modern work environment close to the main station, annual working time, 6 weeks vacation on request and very good social benefits.
For more information, you may contact the current holder of the position as Medical Advisor, Dr med Hanne Hawle, +41 31 508 41 50 or Dr Peter Brauchli, CEO, +41 31 508 41 71. Please send your documents preferably electronically (in PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject "Medical Advisor") or to SAKK Coordinating Center, Stéphanie Mohler, Head of Human Resources, Effingerstrasse 33, 3008 Bern, Switzerland.