Consultant Rheumatologist x2
The Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board welcomes applications for two full time posts of Consultant Rheumatologist. With the 2 successful candidates joining the Rheumatology team it will be complete to its full establishment of 3 consultants and 1 ST, 1 GP trainee and 1 FY2 supported by a team of Specialist nurses and Allied Health professionals to provide a comprehensive service to patients across north west Wales.
Ysbyty Gwynedd is located on the doorstep of the Snowdonia National Park and the Menai Straits, and covers a rural area the size of Greater London. There are unique challenges in delivering high quality health care to this diverse population, and we are seeking a highly motivated team player to come and join a dynamic team of doctors, nurses and allied health professionals. We are looking not only for a highly competent ‘all-rounder’, but also candidates who are keen to lead the service and drive through improvements linking up with our colleagues across North Wales.
The Health board is committed to achieve excellence in clinical medicine and we can offer the right candidate
- Enthusiastic, friendly and supportive staff and environment
- An excellent Rheumatology Peter Maddison Rheumatology Centre (PMRC)
- An active and supportive research team and opportunities
- An active grand round program and an education centre for ongoing professional development.
If you are interested in these posts and have MRCP or equivalent and are on the Specialist Register or you are eligible for award of CCT within 6 months of the interview date, we would be delighted to hear from you.
A post in this area offers:
- Strong hospital links with Bangor University and a history of active research programme has resulted in recruitment of research students including supporting a doctorate. There is a track record of multiple publications including primary basic research, reviews, medical student projects and case reports.
- Opportunity to develop as a clinical teacher supervising various grades of trainee, and the opportunity to develop training qualifications and a role in the Deanery and local education faculties
- Established links with the North Wales Clinical School in conjunction with University of Wales College of Medicine with medical students attached to the firm
- Reasonably priced housing in an outstanding area of natural beauty around Gwynedd and Anglesey
- Excellent facilities for all outdoor leisure pursuits in the heart of Snowdonia area and access to world class water sports
- Excellent road and rail links with the rest of the mainland UK including Manchester & Liverpool Airports and a fast ferry service to the Republic of Ireland from Holyhead
- A variety of educational facilities with renowned high quality local schools from both sectors
- Relocation package
- We encourage each clinician to develop their own sub-speciality and the opportunity to be part of the Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal teams.
Terms and conditions are offered under the terms of the NHS Wales Medical and Dental Conditions of Service. The contract will be offered on a 10 session basis pending job planning discussions.
To apply for this post:
- Please apply on-line via the apply click button.
- Applicants must also submit a copy of their full current curriculum vitae. This should include your previous appointments, your competencies, details of your audits and a list of your publications. It should also include the names and addresses of three referees.
Please email your CV to Lana.email@example.com
Interested candidates are invited to speak to: Dr Bethan Mair Jones, Area Medical Director on 01286 674240 or Eleri Roberts, Assistant Area Director Community Services on 01286 674264