Paediatric Clinical Director
Department Medical Staffing
The Bridge, 2nd Floor, Central Health Clinic, Bristol BS2 0JD
Do you have a passion for ensuring children get the best possible medical care? Are you interested in spearheading a development that will accomplish this? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in developing and leading a paediatric service?
The Bridge (Sexual Assault Referral Centre) looks after complainants of rape and sexual assault in the area covered by the Avon & Somerset Police Service. We are looking for an innovative and dynamic Doctor with Paediatric expertise to design and develop a Children’s SARC service which would look after children from BNSSG/ BANEs/ Somerset/ Gloucester and Wiltshire/Swindon.
This new role is a substantive post for 8 PAs.
This role will include direct clinical care with children including forensic gynaecology.
You will be:
- Developing a new service in conjunction with the current part time Clinical Director and service manager
- Joining forces with local paediatricians to develop cohesive, stream lined and safe clinical pathways for children who have been raped or sexually assaulted
- Liaising and developing strong links with Trust safeguarding and LCSB
- Working with the commissioners (Police & Crime Commissioners, A&S Police and NHS England).
The ideal candidate:
- Will have substantial experience in paediatrics (general or community)
- Will have experience in managing children who have been abused; will have experience of multi-agency and multi-disciplinary working
- Will have experience of leading a MDT.
Come and join this small, patient focused team to create the Centre of Excellence the children of the South West deserve.
The Bridge is based on the second floor of UHBristol’s Central Health Clinic.
For further details/and to arrange an informal visit please contact Lorraine Seymour on 0117 342 6999.
To apply, please click the apply button.