Part Time Consultant in Sexual Health and HIV Medicine
- Part Time
West Middlesex University Hospital
Based: Sexual Health Sutton
Applications are invited to apply for the position of Consultant in Sexual Health & HIV Medicine in Sexual Health Sutton, part of Chelsea and Westminster Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust currently provide the integrated sexual health service in Sutton whilst HIV care is provided under a service level agreement with Epsom and St Helier NHS Trust. Chelsea and Westminster will cease to provide the sexual health contract from the 1st April 2019 and the service is due to be tendered imminently.
The post will work across both HIV and the integrated sexual health service.
The post-holder will be responsible for:
- Undertaking open access integrated sexual health clinics for Sexual Health Sutton and to support colleagues to provide the highest standards of care.
- Contributing to the design and implementation of innovative clinical pathways and service modernisations.
- Providing clinical leadership for HIV care, working with colleagues to modernise the HIV care pathway to ensure effective use of resources and facilitated access for individuals with increased vulnerability or complex needs.
- Managing a caseload of HIV patients, undertaking an
outpatient HIV clinic for Epsom and St Helier NHS Trust and providing support for nursing and pharmacy colleagues.
- Contributing to the wider sexual health of the community in Sutton by supporting and working collaboratively with other sexual health providers, including secondary care, primary care and third sector agencies.
- Supporting the training and development of non-medical staff, specialty doctors and medical students.
Join us and work for a friendly, supportive and innovative service.
You must be fully registered with the GMC/GDC and hold a licence to practice and be on the Specialist Register, or within six months of attaining your CCT or equivalent at interview stage.
For further information and to arrange a visit, please contact Dr Ceri Slater,
Service Director, email email@example.com or Elizabeth Sherlock, Service
Manager, email: Elizabeth.Sherlock@nhs.net or Dr Ruth Clancy, Consultant
SRH, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the role, please click the apply button.
Closing Date: Sunday 21st October 2018.
Assessment Day: Monday 29th October 2018.
Interview Date: Friday 2nd November 2018.
Chelsea & Westminster NHS Foundation Trust is an equal opportunities
employer and is committed to flexible working arrangements.