Specialist Medical Practitioner - Psychiatrist
Mental Health Services North
Salary: $149,197 – 226,780 p.a. plus superannuation and access to salary packaging
If you’re looking for a rewarding job with an excellent work-life balance in a beautiful part of the country, come to Tassie!
The Tasmanian Health Service seeks a Consultant-Psychiatrist. Opportunity exists for full-time day work (with on-call), working 76 hours per fortnight or part time employment (minimum of 38 hours per fortnight with oncall) to enable a family friendly lifestyle or establishment of private practice.
The successful candidate would provide clinical services to a range of adult mental health services clients in both inpatient and outpatient settings. The successful candidate would also provide clinical leadership to junior medical practitioners and other staff, and contribute to the development of Mental Health Services in Tasmania.
The successful candidate must have appropriate qualifications and registrations as well as Fellowship with the Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists and be eligible for registration with Australian Medical Council and Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
Mental Health Services North offers:
- Competitive salary and allowances commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Local professional development opportunities are available through an active Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program offered by the Tasmanian Branch of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP).
- Ample opportunity for supervision and teaching.
- Excellent education and career opportunities for families and partners
- A relaxed, culturally rich lifestyle in one of the most beautiful parts of the world.
Life in Launceston offers an enviable lifestyle with affordable real estate; quality education system, stress free commuting, exceptional food and wine, a vibrant café and arts culture and all the entertainment and services needed to contribute to a great work/life style balance. Add to this the convenience of being a one hour flight away from Melbourne and easily accessible world heritage wilderness and pristine beaches on your doorstep.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Surinder Johl by calling (03) 6777 4382 or email email@example.com
Applications close 31 October 2018.
To view the full Statement of Duties and to apply, please click the apply button.