Consultant in Occupational Medicine
Avon Partnership NHS Occupational Health Service (APOHS)
Full time - 10 PA
Location: Primarily in central Bristol or any of the APOHS clinical sites across the Bristol area, but with the occasional need to travel to other customer sites across the South West.
This is a rare opportunity to join and make a significant contribution to the further development of an already successful NHS Occupational Health team, while providing a significant chance for personal development within a broad team of Occupational Health Professionals.
Avon Partnership Occupational Health Service (APOHS) is a leading player in NHS Occupational Health. Formed in October 2001, as a partnership between the three acute Trusts in the Bristol area, it meets the Occupational Health needs of around 25,000 NHS staff. In addition, it also supports a myriad of, large and small, commercial and public sector organisations locally and regionally, on the basis of a trusted Occupational Health Partner. We are now set to expand the reach of our service within the NHS and beyond.
Our focus on quality of service to customers and support of our staff is demonstrated by our accreditations in SEQOHS, ISO9001 and Investors in Peoples accreditations. We have also achieved the Investors in People Health and Wellbeing good practice award.
Over recent years APOHS has invested heavily in new systems and digitisation of records in order to enable effective Location Independent Working and provide a more accessible interface for our customers.
In order to be considered for this post, you will need:
- Full and specialist registration with the General Medical Council (GMC) or within 6 months of CCT at the time of interview.
Reporting to the APOHS Clinical Lead, the key expectations of the successful candidate include:
- Advice to managers on staff members’ present and future fitness for work.
- Provision of medical advice to members of staff.
- Provision of occupational medical support to the occupational health nurses and other staff within APOHS and customer organisations.
- Active participation in the development of strategy and policy, both within APOHS and in association with our Partners and customers.
- Active participation in the APOHS audit, training and development.
Interview date: 20th November 2018.
For further details / informal visits contact: Barry Lane Business Manager 0117 34 21201.
To apply please click the Apply button.