Clinical Lecturer (Education) Clinical Skills
School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences Centre for Medical Education
Queen’s University Belfast is one of the leading universities in the UK and Ireland, with a distinguished heritage and history. With over 24,000 students, 3,700 staff and an annual turnover of some £300m, Queen’s University Belfast plays a unique leadership role in Northern Ireland. As a member of the Russell Group of UK research-intensive universities, Queen’s University Belfast combines excellence in research and education with a student centred ethos.
The successful candidate will strengthen the clinical academic base of Clinical Skills within the Centre for Medical Education, School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences at Queen’s University Belfast (QUB). The successful candidate will undertake significant teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, engage in scholarly activity and contribute to Centre and School administration and outreach activity.
While there are no clinical service duties included in this role there is a requirement for a medical qualification and to have a current licence to practise.
The University will consider applicants who are open to full time and part time hours.
The successful candidate will have:
- Primary Medical Degree
- Higher degree (Masters or equivalent in a relevant subject area)
- Full Registration with the General Medical Council and with a current license to practise.
- Post registration qualification (Membership of relevant Royal College or equivalent by examination).
- Experience, achievement and growing reputation in the discipline, commensurate with stage of career e.g. involvement in national educational events.
- Evidence of scholarly activity e.g. conference paper presentations, external funding secured, book reviews published, writing practice manuals, publication of professional materials.
- Relevant teaching experience at university level.
Further information about the Centre can be found at www.qub.ac.uk/schools/mdbs/Study/PostgraduateResearch/CurrentOpportunities/CME/
Anticipated interview date: Monday 19 November 2018
Salary scale: £31,930 - £59,401 per annum (With an additional market supplement making the total salary package equivalent to a consultant level salary)
Closing date: Wednesday 24 October 2018
For full criteria and to apply online, visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs. For further information or assistance contact Resourcing Team, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on email@example.com
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.