Medical Practitioner Policy Adviser
Fixed term (up to 2 years) with view to permanent
Full-time (Jobshare will be considered)
An exciting opportunity to help shape thinking and delivery of key areas
of Government. The Department for Work and Pensions provides
services and support to over 18 million people totalling £264 billion.
Medical Practitioners play an important role in helping the Department
for Work and Pensions shape their policies by providing sound medical
advice over a range of benefits.
Key responsibilities of role:
- Working directly with Departmental providers; delivering high standard medical and health related advice; Input into the development and maintenance of medically related policy; Working across the Department to provide specialist support; Engagement with key external stakeholders;
- Complete a programme of personal and professional development to meet GMC requirements for revalidation.
- Medical Degree
- A relevant higher professional qualification is desirable
- Medical Practitioner fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practice. Have no conditions on registration unless they relate solely to health/disability.
Desirable experience and Knowledge:
- Broad based medical experience and experience of disability assessment, HMCTS or occupational health desirable.
- Knowledge of evidence based medicine and critical appraisal skills desirable.
Attractive benefits including civil service pension.
For informal enquiries please contact: Dr Clare Leris –
firstname.lastname@example.org or 02074495593 and Dr Mark Allerton - 01253 688050
To apply, please click the apply button.