Professor of Medical Education Research & Director of Medical Education Research & Scholarship Unit
The Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine) is a partnership between two of the world’s premier institutions of higher education, Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. The medical school, established at NTU in Singapore, offers a five-year MBBS degree jointly awarded by both institutions. The School welcomed its first cohort of medical students in August 2013 and there are ambitious plans for growth.
The School now invites applicants holding a faculty appointment with an international reputation in medical education research to apply for an appointment at Professor level with a concurrent appointment as Director of Medical Education Research & Scholarship Unit (MERSU), which will be based full-time in Singapore. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of research in an innovative new medical school in a globally vibrant environment. Reporting to the Vice-Dean (Education), the appointee is expected to contribute to a programme of medical education research at LKCMedicine, helping to establish LKCMedicine as an international leader in this field. He/She is also expected to teach MBBS students, supervise graduate students and take on committee and other service responsibilities, as directed by Vice-Dean (Education).
The appointee will:
- Contribute to educational research in areas aligned with MBBS programme delivery, for instance assessment, instructional methods, professionalism
- Provide leadership and strategic oversight of the Medical Education Research & Scholarship Unit
- Facilitate engagement of LKCMedicine faculty in research, scholarship and curriculum innovation, establishing a diverse and cohesive community of practice
- Contribute to grant applications and publications, and provide mentorship to LKCMedicine faculty
- Provide scholarship and faculty development seminars
- PhD and/or MD degree(s)
- Relevant postdoctoral experience
- Proven track record of strong leadership and ability to drive change
- Good communication skills and an appreciation for constructive teamwork
- Strong track record in educational research
- Experience and expertise in learning and teaching
Interested applicants are invited to apply to Professor Michael A. Ferenczi, Vice-Dean, Faculty Affairs, for the above position (email: email@example.com) with a detailed resume. Further information can also be obtained from the Vice-Dean, Faculty Affairs.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.