General Surgery Consultant - Gold Coast, Queensland
- Beautiful new hospital with annual operating budget in excess AUD$1.3 billion
- Stunning natural attractions, coastal living and all without sacrificing the benefits of a vibrant, dynamic, metropolitan city.
- Excellent total salary package from AUD$300 – $400 000+
- Beautiful new hospital with state-of-the-art facilities alongside courtyards, deck spaces and landscaped grounds.
- Over 160 education facilities including public and private schools, special education, TAFE and universities.
- Beautiful subtropical climate with warm winters and stunning summers.
- Diverse residential opportunities, with homes and apartments overlooking the ocean or canals, through to rambling properties in the hinterland areas only 30 minutes from the CBD.
The Role and department
You will give general surgery clinical care to patients and clinically manage, on a day-to-day basis, the associated multidisciplinary patient care team. You will have the opportunity to provide professional leadership within a specialist General Surgery area and provide training, education and supervision to junior medical staff and other health care members. There will be the chance to undertake research, look at interdisciplinary model of care developments as well as participating in Education and training of others at all levels within the hospital.
The department has a General Surgical In-patient Unit providing pre and post-operative nursing care of elective general surgical patients (as well as those from other specialities such as Colorectal, HPB, trauma etc.) It has 28 beds, 4x 2 bed rooms, 22x single rooms, (1x bariatric capacity).
There is also a Surgical Short Stay Unit which provides care for minor injuries needing surgical intervention or elective surgical procedures. It has a capacity of 23 beds and as well as covering General Surgery cases it covers specialities ranging from ENT, Ortho, Plastics and Maxilliofacial.
The Hospital - Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service
Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service (GCHHS) has a team of over 9000 delivering public hospital and health care services to a population of approximately 550,000 people in communities from the state border of NSW to the Coomera region of Queensland, with an annual budget exceeding $1.3 billion.
GCHHS incorporates Gold Coast University Hospital, one of Queensland's largest clinical teaching and research facilities. Made up of seven main buildings and a total floor space of around 170,000 square metres, the hospital's design is extremely efficient and allows expansion to meet future health service needs of the community.
Key points include:
- State-of-the-art facilities to train the health care workers of the future.
- Courtyards, deck spaces and landscaped grounds for use by staff, patients and their families.
- On-site research facilities.
- Multi-storey public car park on-site with 2,200 car spaces.
- Gold Coast Rapid Transit (light rail) station in close proximity.
- Improved privacy and patient safety with over 70 per cent private rooms.
- Collocated private hospital.
- Retail services.
- Helicopter landing site
It is a nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care with more than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Day and Robina and Southport.
To find out more, or to apply, contact Eunan O'Brien on +44 (0)131 240 5271 or email firstname.lastname@example.org