Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Lifestyle balanced with professional excellence
We are seeking an enthusiastic generalist Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon join our multinational multidisciplinary Department of Orthopaedics. The Lakes DHB area includes Rotorua and Taupo Hospitals.
The position involves inpatient, outpatient and surgical work at Rotorua and Taupo Hospitals, both of which have recently had significant upgrades and the addition of new facilities.
The beautiful Lakes District of Rotorua and Taupo is well known for its outdoor recreational options including trout fishing, walking tracks, mountain biking. Lake and river water sports such as boating and kayaking are exceptional. We are blessed with mountains for skiing and the beaches well within 2 hours drive. Rotorua has affordable housing, good schooling and a friendly atmosphere.
If you enjoy a challenging role in a collegial environment with an outstanding work life balance this is the opportunity for you.
- A broad range of general orthopaedic skills
- Hold a FRACS or equivalent qualification
- Hold or be eligible for Vocational Registration with the Medical Council of NZ
- Enjoy teaching - Rotorua is a teaching hospital with 4th, 5th & 6th year medical students
- Busy role with a broad variety of orthopaedic surgery
- 1:6 on call roster
- Fully staffed Registrar roster
The position comes with an attractive relocation remuneration package and CME allowance for successful permanent appointments
Check out what Rotorua has to offer:
Contact us for further information:
Carleen Dahya, Medical Staff Recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Martyn Sims, Head of Department email@example.com
Apply online by clicking the apply button.