Consultant General Surgeon
Lifestyle balanced with professional excellence!
We are seeking an enthusiastic Consultant General Surgeon to join our multinational multidisciplinary Department of Surgery. The Lakes DHB area includes Rotorua and Taupo Hospitals.
The position involves inpatient, outpatient and surgical work at Rotorua and Taupo Hospitals, both of which have recently had significant upgrades and the addition of new facilities.
Rotorua Hospital is a District General Hospital in one of the most spectacular regions of New Zealand. You will have the opportunity to balance rewarding medical practice with an amazing life style.
The beautiful Lakes District of Rotorua and Taupo is well known for its outdoor recreational options including trout fishing, walking tracks, cycling and mountain biking. Lake and river water sports such as boating and kayaking are exceptional. Add this to affordable housing, good schooling and a friendly atmosphere and you have one of the best places in the world to work as a Surgeon.
- A broad range of general surgical skills
- Must be proficient in both upper and lower GI Endoscopy
- Interest in Upper GI Surgery is a benefit but not essential
- Hold FRACS or equivalent qualification
- Hold or be eligible for Vocational Registration with Medical Council of NZ
- Enjoy teaching – Rotorua is a teaching hospital with 4th, 5th and 6th year medical students
- Busy role with a broad variety of general surgery
- 1:7 on call roster
- Fully staffed Registrar roster including Advanced trainees
The above position comes with an attractive relocation remuneration package and CME allowance for successful permanent appointments.
Check out what Rotorua has to offer:
Contact us for further information: Carleen Dahya, Medical Staff Recruiter - firstname.lastname@example.org
or Mr David Vernon, Head of Department email@example.com
or visit www.lakesdhb.govt.nz
As per the requirements of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 all new employees will be required to be Safety Checked
Apply online by clicking the apply button.