Principal Scientific Assistant
4 days left
- Full Time
Role: Principal Scientific Assistant – Blood Transfusion Activities
Reference: Vacancy Notice n° e15/2018
Location: Strasbourg (France)
Contract Type: Renewable Fixed term contract – to a max of 5 years
Deadline for applications: 24 September 2018
The Council of Europe www.coe.int and its European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM) http://www.edqm.eu are looking for a driven and rigorous scientist specialised to provide scientific support to a variety of scientific projects related to the Council of Europe/EDQM’s work on Blood Transfusion. If chosen, you will contribute actively to the implementation of high standards for the protection of public health and for the promotion of human rights and dignity.
The main responsibilities of the job:
- prepares reports, provides advice and drafts technical minutes for assigned Groups of Experts/Working Parties and ad hoc scientific groups;
- co-ordinates, implements and follows up on programmes and/or projects in the field of blood transfusion and contributes to raising the visibility of projects, for example, gathering and analysing data, information and documentation related to blood transfusion activities within Europe, liaising with stakeholders such as Member State representatives, professional societies and international bodies preparing and ensuring control and follow-up on budgetary and financial issues;
- coordinates the elaboration of scientific documents for the periodic revision of the Guide to the Preparation, Use and Quality Assurance of Blood Components; drafts written guidelines and publications; and ensures the quality and scientific accuracy of documents especially those destined for publication in print version or on-line;
What we look for in someone to undertake this role effectively:
- Higher education degree or qualification in the area of biology, medicine, pharmacy, nursing or similar field;
- At least 3 years of professional experience with at least 2 years in the field of blood transfusion acquired in a blood establishment, a Competent Authority or in a hospital performing blood transfusions; experience in an international setting and with the analysis of quantitative / qualitative data collected during surveys would be an advantage;
- Very good knowledge of English and basic knowledge of French;
- Hold the nationality of one of the 47 Council of Europe member states.
What we offer:
- a good insight into the European regulatory framework from the EDQM perspective and the opportunity to work in a leading international organisation in the field of public health protection.
- the chance to work in a multinational/multicultural workplace – over 20 nationalities work at the EDQM which is situated in the European quarter of Strasbourg;
- highly competitive, income tax free salaries - monthly salary from € 4 553,43 an attractive benefits package including health insurance and additional allowances such as family and expatriation allowances (as appropriate).
Applications must be submitted by 24 September 2018 (midnight Central European Time) at the latest.
For more information and how to apply please click the “Apply” button.