Consultant Opportunities - CFYP Norfolk & Waveney Eating Disorders Service
We are looking for a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to join our award winning Children and Young People’s (CFYP) Service.
The Norfolk & Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust’s unique CFYP service aspires to address the issues raised by the children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing task force. Over the past 12 months CFYP has seen the expansion and growth in existing and new services such as Perinatal Community Mental Health and we were recently awarded £3 million to develop the Mother and Baby Unit (opening January 2019) it is one of three in the country commissioned by NHS England. We are looking for a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to join our innovative and growing service to work with us to deliver high quality care for our communities.
The Eating Disorders (ED) team was expanded from the Local Transformation Plan (LTP) monies in 2015 and meets the national access and waiting time standards. The service has good links with the local paediatric hospital and Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital NHS Trust. The ED team has been involved in training and upskilling staff in implementing the Junior MARSIPAN guidelines.
At present we are developing an Eating Disorders Pathway between our local CAMHS Inpatient Facility (Dragonfly Unit) which is rated “outstanding” by CQC.
Top reasons to work as a Consultant Psychiatrist in Norfolk and Waveney:
- Generous relocation/removal benefit
- Protected time of 2.5 SPA per week and flexible working patterns
- London is only 90 minutes away, with excellent links to the rest of the UK and worldwide
- Quality of life for staff working in Norfolk is high with areas of outstanding beauty and heritage and access to cultural activities
- There are numerous teaching opportunities available at the medical school at the University of East Anglia
- NSFT is leading on several studies to support the development of research and evaluation. The service is well connected national and international academics in the field.
- The opportunity for consultant psychiatrist to continue to present and exchange ideas with other key opinion leaders within the UK and overseas
Please see our website for full details of living and working in Norfolk and Waveney: http://www.nsft.nhs.uk/work-for-us/Pages/Why-work-forus.aspx or click the Apply button.
For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit contact the following:
Dr Nishi Puri (Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist & Lead Clinical) on 01603 272800 or Nishi.email@example.com
Neil Robertson (Operational Manager, Child Families and Young Persons) on 07827820007 or Neil.firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held on Thursday 15th November 2018.