Consultant in Palliative Medicine
Work Base: West Middlesex University Hospital
We are seeking a 6 PA consultant in Palliative Medicine to join our team here at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust at the West Middlesex site. This is a new substantive post. The West Middlesex site has a long history of pioneering, innovative healthcare. Based in Isleworth it is at the heart of the local community - a modern, award winning hospital with state of the art facilities.
The successful applicant for this newly established post will share responsibility for providing medical consultant leadership for specialist palliative care and end of life care services at West Middlesex University Hospital (WMUH). At WMUH there is a specialist palliative care team currently comprising five full time Clinical Nurse Specialists and 10 PAs of palliative care consultant time. The post offers an exciting opportunity to shape further development of the specialist palliative and end of life care services at the West Middlesex site of Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust. The Trust’s vision is ‘to deliver an excellent experience and outcomes for our patients’. This embodies excellent local and more specialised services and a commitment to innovation, research, teaching and training. The aim of the new Trust is to create fully integrated departments and services which better serve our local populations.
The key aspects of the post will be:
- Clinical support to the in-hospital Clinical Nurse Specialist Team for Specialist Palliative Care (SPC)
- Ensuring daily provision of face to face SPC expertise to patients and colleagues across the hospital site (including the local mental health trust)
- Clinical support to community patients to access hospital outpatient services, admission and around the time of transfer between care environments
- Establishment of innovative working practices with the consultant based in Hounslow community and the rest of the community specialist palliative care team based at Meadow House Hospice
- Establishment of relevant data collection tools, outcome measures and key performance indicators, supported by audit, research and service review
- Support the delivery of the Enhanced Supportive Care CQUIN Collaboration with colleagues at Chelsea and Westminster NHS Trust to establish joint working practices across, and relevant to, both sites
- Commitment to education and training initiatives in both specialist palliative and end of life care in all care settings, and to all stakeholder groups
- Support the nurse led seven day visiting service for SPC in the hospital. There is no on-call commitment with this post.
Applications will be accepted from Palliative Care Physicians on the List of Specialists in Palliative Medicine, or trainees who are within 6 months of receiving their Certificate of Completion of Training.
Closing date: Wednesday 19 September 2018.
Assessment date: To be confirmed.
Interviews will be held on 26th October 2018.
Informal visits are encouraged: please contact Dr Sarah Cox;
Tel: 07896 751105 or email: email@example.com
To apply for the role, please click the apply button.
Chelsea and Westminster Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust operates a no Smoking Policy. Please be aware that only online applications will be accepted. We expect all our staff to share the values that are important to the Trust - being excellent, kind, responsible and respectful - and behave in a way that reflects these. Please note that this vacancy may close before the advertised closing date if sufficient applicants are received. Please check your email regularly as all candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted and informed by email or via NHS Jobs.
Chelsea & Westminster NHS Foundation Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to flexible working arrangements.