We are currently recruiting for a Medical Director to join us in our central London office and provide strategic and technical leadership in regards to Clinical Governance, to ensure that we are managing our medical risk coherently and consistently. Save the Children is a US$2bn organisation operating in 117 counties delivering programmes in support of humanitarian crisis and longer term development needs; health programs are a major part of what we do and one of the key breakthroughs we are working towards is ensuring that no child under the age of 5 dies from preventable causes.
In order to ensure clinical governance and the management of medical risk, you will lead and engage across a broad spectrum of internal departments and resources (including Global Pharmacy Team, Global Themes, Technical Advisors, Supply Chain, Program Operations, Risk, HR, Legal, regional and country staff), as well as external stakeholders and partners, to ensure that all of our activities are carried out in accordance with our clinical governance approach. You will also assume leadership of the Quality Clinical Care Committee, and its terms of reference, and provide guidance to the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Trustees as necessary.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with energy, commitment, and talent, to help create positive change in the lives of the world’s most deprived and marginalised children. In order to be successful you will also have/bring:
- Medical Doctor or nursing qualification
- Significant multi-country experience in managing and implementing health programmes in both humanitarian and development contexts
- Strong experience of managing organisational medical risk
- In depth understanding and experience of Clinical Governance in both developed and developing countries
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent people and diplomacy skills, able to flourish in a networked model to leverage the support of a global movement
- Strong practical experience and knowledge of epidemiology and Health Management Information Systems
- It would also be helpful if you had experience in health systems management; tropical health and/or reproductive, maternal, child health; change management/organisational development, and French/Spanish or Arabic language skills
This role offers a competitive package.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in 117 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found by clicking the apply button.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 19 September 2018
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.